𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

──────── ✧ ──────────

Aamira's House, London, UK, 2:30 PM, Present Day, October 24th

Aamira Zara Malik, a name that many in the UK and worldwide feared. A famous lawyer, with her own law firm named "Justice Dynasty". At the age of 25, she had earned something that normally takes people centuries to learn, respect and master in her field of profession. There were cases where lawyers had dropped the case only because they had heard that Aamira would be fighting against them. The mere thought of going in opposition of her was terrifying to many lawyers who had seen, or witnessed her in court.

Aamira was a hurricane in the courtroom and excellent at arguing. The way she proved her point in court would often leave the judge and others stunned. She asked simple questions and she was really persistent when demanding answers. Many said that she was good at psychological games and mind reading, while others argued that she had an undying passion for justice. Either way, Aamira had never lost a case till date and with the looks of it, she wasn't losing anytime soon.

Today was a relaxing day for her. It was Saturday, which meant that she didn't have to work. Contrary to popular belief, she is not at all a workaholic. A passionate lawyer for sure, but she likes spending time with herself and her friends. Currently, she has just come home from a biking race and is freshening up.

Aamira walked out of the bathroom, drying her hair with a towel, when the doorbell rang. She ran down to the living room and opened the door. A man rushed inside, plopping himself on the sofa. Aamira scowled at him in displeasure. Shutting the door, she walked to the sofa and slapped the man on his arm, saying, "Learn some manners you idiotic pig! I miss Khatri. At least he possessed basic discipline."

The man rolled his blue eyes at her and commented, "Oh come on Malik, it's Saturday and right now, I am not your employee. It's our movie day! Plus you promised me you would make coffee with instant noodles for us."

Arun Kapoor was the Head of Corporate cases at "Justice Dynasty". Also Aamira's best friend for 8 years. Arun had met Aamira when she was in Law School in London. Within 2 months, they both were best friends and had never changed. Aamira was thankful for the friends that she had made in Law School and sustained throughout the years. The group included 5 people in total, Aamira, Arun, Rohan, Sanjana, and Krish.

The best part was that they all worked together. Arun led all the corporate cases, being a corporate lawyer, himself. Sanjana was a family lawyer, who dealt with divorce cases and child custody and led all family related cases. Krish led all the real estate cases in their firm. They all had shares in the firm, but Aamira owned the majority of them.

Aamira smiled at Arun's childishness and ordered, "Let's strike a deal Mr. Corporate Lawyer, you will set the table and call the others, remind them to come, until then I can make the noodles and coffee for all of us."

Arun cocked his head to the side, pretending to think nodded at Aamira, grinning. About 20 minutes later, the rest of her friends had arrived and they all sat down for dinner. While they were having their dinner, Sanjana complained, "Yaar, Amu I miss Rohan. Call him."

Aamira and Krish cheekily smiled at each other and Aamira spoke, "Awwww, how cute. You are right, I should call him and tell him that you have a crush..." Before Aamira could finish her sentence, Sanjana snatched her phone from her hand and glared at her. Aamira held in her laughter, while Krish and Arun laughed loudly. Sanjana and Rohan had a massive crush on each other, but shied away from expressing it.

Aamira furrowed her eyebrows at Sanjana and said, "Just tell him you love him Sanju. You both have been playing this crush crush thing for too long. Are you waiting for him to get married and have kids, in order for you to confess that you love him?"

Sanjana slapped Aamira on the head and said, "Buddhu, you wouldn't know, boys were crazy for you in college and even now because you are so beautiful. It isn't the same for me, Amu."

Sanjana was a girl with a heart of gold. She had her heart filled with kindness and love, but she was more on the curvy and short side, which made her very insecure regarding her appearance. At times she envied Aamira for her effortless beauty. Aamira was 5 feet 7 inches tall, with a figure that could put models to shame. Full lips, an angular nose, shining amber eyes, a heart shaped face and naturally wavy chocolate brown hair that reached till her mid back, Aamira was an enchanting beauty.

Aamira frowned at Sanjana's words and gently told her, "Sanju, 50 years later none of this beauty or insecurity will matter, what will is what you have done and what you regret not doing."

Arun nodded at her words and joined, "Amy is right Sanjana. I have seen love for you in his eyes. He is just worried due to the political background he comes from and whether his family will accept you or not. You need to take the first step and tell him what you feel."

Sanjana nodded at both of them and said, "No, you are right. I have delayed this for too long. I will tell him the next chance I get."

Aamira grinned at her and gave her a thumbs up. "So, how was your bike race this morning? How quickly did you win?", Krish asked, a knowing smirk on his face. Aamira tilted her head and smirked back saying, "19 minutes into the race."

Krish widened his eyes and muttered, "Damm woman, you are onto something. You should have been a professional racer." Aamira laughed at him and the group continued to talk, joking about anything and everything. After an hour, Sanjana, Arun and Krish left for their homes and Aamira studied her new case files in her office.

Aamira handled all types of cases, but her specialization was in criminal defense. Currently, she is studying a murder case, where she is trying to prove a boy innocent, implying that he was just at the murder scene after it was committed and he was not involved.

Suddenly, Aamira's phone rang and the name "Roro" showed on it. Aamira looked at her watch, it was 4:30 PM in London, which meant that it was about 9:00 PM in India. It seemed rare for Rohan to call at such a time. Hoping that he was fine, Aamira picked up the call, unknown to the fact that this was going to change her entire life.

──────── ✧ ──────────

Vote. Comment. Follow.

1138 Words