𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

──────── ✧ ──────────

Malik Mansion, Delhi, India, 10:00 AM, October, 25th

10 years. It had been 10 years since she had seen this place. As Aamira sent the text to Rohan, her fingers trembled. Her entire body shook at the thought of meeting them again. Even after all that happened years ago, she could not stop herself from accepting the case.

Aamira didn't consider herself a selfless person, especially to people who hurt her. But still, she didn't want them to suffer in any regard, despite what she faced because of their accusations.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, mentally preparing herself, she talked to herself, "Professional. Focus on the case. No hate, no love, no past, just the present. You are doing your job, do it well and then go back to London."

Just as she opened her eyes, the gates to the mansion opened. Her eyes turned determined, a glint of confidence in them that Aamira Malik usually portrayed, a look that shook the opposition immediately in court. By the time she reached the door, she had blocked out all possibly vulnerable emotions. She knew she wouldn't break and the fact that she knew, only confirmed the fact. Slowly, she grabbed her bags and walked into the mansion, her boots making a sound, announcing that she had arrived.

Today, Aamira wanted to dress at her best. She wanted the Maliks to know, just with a glimpse, that she was not a 15 year old naive girl anymore, and to ensure that she dressed in a bold manner. Her dark chocolate brown hair had streaks of light brown highlights that were left open, reaching until her mid-back in light curls. Her cat-like amber eyes were coated with mascara and eyeliner, making them look more beautiful and enchanting, lips were tinted a nude shade.

Since she had come directly from the airport, she had ditched the heels and opted for ankle-length black boots with added height. For her clothing, she had worn light blue high-waisted jeans that went above her belly, and a tucked in black sleeveless shirt with a white blazer pulled on top. For accessories, she wore a simple Apple smartwatch on one hand and a bracelet on another. Her earrings were sapphire studded hopped earrings that immediately stood out with a necklace of a star shaped diamond.

Inaya noticed her first, her eyes widening when she took in her form. She stared at her, trying to take in every smallest detail, anything and everything that made her related to the woman walking inside. Abbas and Adibah looked to the door when they heard the noise of boots on the mansion floor. It was rare. None of the ladies wore heels or boots, only sandals and fancy footwear.

Abbas smiled when he saw her golden looking amber eyes, the same eyes that would look at him with tears whenever he didn't play chess with her for a few days and lit up when he spent even 5 minutes with her. Adibah smiled when she saw eyes identical to hers meeting her. Aamira was the only one in the family who had inherited Adibah's amber eyes, the only difference being that Adibah's eyes were more brown in color, while Aamira's were golden.

Aadil and Arsalan almost cried when they saw how much she had grown. It was too overwhelming. Their little girl was a woman now and they were proud of her, so damm proud. But their hearts burned when they thought about the fact that they never got to see her grow up.

Naina and Preet were in tears as they looked at her. There was a time when both of them would fight over who would get to dress her up for school and now it seemed she had a better sense of clothing than them, their little fashionista. Zain, Amir and Daniyal literally choked on air as she walked in. This was their not so little sister. She had grown up beautifully and they almost didn't recognize her when she walked in.