𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

──────── ✧ ──────────

Malik Mansion, Delhi, India, 9:00 PM, October 24th

Rohan was about to dial Aamira's number when Faaz stood up. Everyone looked at him and he quickly said, "I will quickly bring Zain Bhai." The others immediately nodded, while Rohan was slightly confused at the importance of everyone being there when he talked to Aamira, but nevertheless he nodded.

2 minutes later, Zain sat down beside the twins and gestured for Rohan to make the call. Weirded out by the excitement the Maliks were showing Rohan dialed Aamira's number. Within 4 rings, she picked up. The Maliks sucked in a sharp breath and so did Rohan, because this conversation was not going to be easy.

"Hello, Roro?", A voice called out. The Maliks tried their best to keep their composure, but hearing that voice again was too much for them. The voice was very different from the last time they had heard it, yet it had the same vocal ring to it. It sounded more like a woman and less like a girl, but either way, it sounded beautiful.

Rohan smiled hearing the nickname and he said, trying to cover his nervousness, "Hey, Amy. How are you? How are things at the firm going?"

"Khatri, are you drunk or have you crossed all levels of insanity because of the uninteresting bald men surrounding you?", The question was asked quickly, no hesitation from the other side. Confident, sharp and a fast talker for sure. The voice had a strong British accent, but a velvety feel to it. Aamira's voice was like silk, smooth, and strong.

Rohan looked at the Maliks embarrassed that his nervousness had been caught, but thankfully they didn't mind Amira's sharp tongue. Amir smirked at her reply, she had good comebacks, for sure.

Rohan scowled at her words and spoke, "No I am sober, Malik, thanks so much for asking me how I am. Also those men are called politicians, not bald uninteresting men."

"Your welcome, also the next time you are in the parliament meeting, look at your surroundings, about 70% of the people will be bald, to begin with that father of yours. He isn't around is he?". The Maliks choked on air as they heard her. One thing was for sure, Aamira would have made a terrible politician. Evidently, she was not diplomatic.

Rohan narrowed his eyes at her, as if he could glare at her through the screen and answered, "No, but he would have felt greatly offended had you called him bald."

"Why? What is there to feel offended by? ", Aamira shot back. Her tone was curious yet challenging as if forcing you to answer something valid.

Rohan widened his eyes in disbelief when Aamira spoke, "Rohan Khatri, if you were bald and I called you bald, you shouldn't feel bad, it's the truth. But if you weren't bald, and I called you that, you shouldn't feel bad either, because it's a lie."

The Maliks had heard a lot about the arguing skills of Aamira Malik in court, but this was the first time they were experiencing a glimpse in person. They could tell why the best lawyers in the world quit a case when they heard that Aamira was fighting in opposition.

Rohan opened his mouth to argue when he realized he couldn't, shaking his head at Aamira's logic he commented, "You are a great lawyer Ms. Malik."

A giggle came from the other side. One that the Maliks had not heard for years. "Believe me Mr. Khatri, I know just how wonderful a lawyer I am. I do not rely on others to compliment me."