06

It was the first week of September and the end of Destiny's self titled "single summer" was coming to an end. She enjoyed every moment and vlogged all of it. She had stacked her money, had a good time and was finally back home, the only part was she felt she needed a change. So naturally she got a Cavapoo who didn't have a name just yet so she stuck to calling her babygirl.

The American Music Awards were being held in Las Vegas tonight and Destiny was presenting Favorite Hip-Hop Song, nervous couldn't even describe how she was feeling from having to be on national television with all eyes on her.

She was vlogging her experience when appropriate and had taken pictures before walking the red carpet which she was preparing to do. Her team fixing her dress, hair and makeup crowded all around her, making her anxiety spark up even more but after a few deep breaths and talking to her camera she felt ever so slightly better.

It was now her time to step onto the red carpet which had what seemed like hundreds of lights flickering at her. She posed a few times then continued walking down, going to the first interview station which happened to be led by De'arra Taylor. The two girls smiled at each other and exchanged hugs producing a bit of small talk before getting into the interview.

"Let's just jump into it, first I think both of our fanbases want to know if they'll ever see a Lorvae collab, you wanna spill any tea on that?" De'arra smiled, then held the microphone over towards Destiny so she could answer. "Of course, all summer in between trips we were designing the cutest shades to match with someone who dresses more experimental like you or more relaxed like me. We're dropping soon and I'm so excited!"

"You look so beautiful tonight, and you smell amazing as always you have to put me on!" The two finished their interview before she headed to the next few, posing for tons of pictures in between. When she was finally off the red carpet she was rushed backstage to prepare for her moment on the show.

"Every time I see you, you seem stressed. Social media influencer has social anxiety?" Jack came around the corner, just getting off of stage from accepting his award. Despite the two having their encounters, they were never memorable enough for Destiny to remember much of anything except for the fact that Jack was fine as hell, and looked even nicer in a suit.

"Social media influencer, not social. I'm better holding the camera." She replied, taking a drink of water as she sat down, waiting for the commercials to start for her que. "You look better in front of the camera, confident like you run shit." Jack continued, taking a seat next to Destiny as he unhooked his microphone cords and ear piece from him.

"You watch my Youtube channel or something?" She asked, genuinely wanting to know why a twenty-something male rapper would find any interest in watching her very much women leaned Youtube channel. Or really any content she posted besides on Instagram, where he did follow her.

"Caresha Please, I was told to watch your episode. You seemed to know exactly how to reply, I need your media trainer." He cracked a joke but all that was in Destiny's mind was that moment on Caresha Please where she said Jack was fine as hell and even said he could ask her out in the fall, and she'd say yes. Sometimes she hated her drunk self.

"Oh wow, I forgot about that. The liquor got to me, sorry about that actually. I would've hated to be name dropped in an interview." Destiny tried to do some damage control as her team rushed up to her. "60 seconds until you present miss." An assistant spoke into Destiny's ear piece, she stood up and let the people around her fix her hair, makeup and dress.

Just as she was about to step onto the stage she heard Jack respond. "I was talking about how you managed the invasive questions in a respectful and classy way. But if the pumpkin patch thing still stands."

liked by champagnepapi, jackharlow, samariajdavis and 715,274 others

destiny.harris amas + afterparty dressed in @swarovski 💎 never taking this off

View all 29,257 comments

user BTS SHOULD'VE WON.

user rigged show
destiny.harris: y'all i just read what the card said

champagnepapi GOAT 🐐
destiny.harris: 🔄

user ik this event had my girl ab to throw up☹️
destiny.harris: multiple times throughout the night. i survived 🤣

user i need you

user the hug between drake and her when he won, the outfit, the pictures, the rappers in the comments, trending on twitter, the bts fans fighting everyone. STAND BACK destiny i'll protect you