18

"Dad I said bring drinks like Sprite and stuff why are there three bottles of Don Julio on the counter?" Destiny was hosting Thanksgiving dinner at her place this year. While it was only her and her Dad usually this time she invited her friends and of course Jack.

"I thought you meant adult drinks babygirl. I'll run out and get some don't stress yourself out it'll be ok." He assured, placing the dishes he brought on the kitchen counter. Destiny held her camera out and continued her vlog.

"What up bloggers!" Aaron exclaimed throwing a peace sign up. Destiny rolled her eyes at her father purposefully mistaking the name. "Look at all this food he made y'all, I can't wait to eat." She panned over the food then placed her camera on a tripod in the corner to continue recording in the background.

A few minutes went by before Allyiah and Kirah arrived with of course, tequila and champagne. "Hey Dad!" Allyiah smiled hugging Aaron, Kirah following. After their years of friendship Aaron had grown close to all of Destiny's friends and they missed him.

Both Kirah and Allyiah were vlogging themselves, placing their cameras where they wished. "Who's all coming Des?" Kirah asked, picking up Harley and playing with her. "Naz and the kids, Arnell and Noah. Allyiah's bestie too." She said referring to Jack.

"I was always rooting for him and look now! Y'all will learn to trust my judgment." Allyiah yelled from the living room where she was talking with Aaron while they watched football.

Arnell walked in shortly after with Noah on her hip and some desserts. "Arnell he's getting so big please!" Destiny exclaimed, holding her hands out to grab the baby. She absolutely loved her nieces and nephews and hated that she didn't seem them as much but tried when she could. "We have to get a picture once Naz comes, we haven't all been together since like the baby shower." Kirah mentioned.

"Here they are!" Allyiah reached to open the door for Nazanin and Mel who had what seemed like a gang of kids. "Hey guys!" Naz smiled hugging the girls, one of the twins on her hip.

"I like how nobody brought food except for Aaron. We're just gonna be drinking I see." Naz laughed placing her camera next to the plethora of others. "I know all the girlies watching each individual vlog containing the same content." Destiny said acknowledging the fact that all of the girls shared mainly the same demographic and fan base.

"I'll never forgot I was using Destiny's camera once thinking it was mine until the battery died, that's some Destiny shit." Allyiah remember making everyone laugh.

Knocking on the door caught Destiny off guard until she realized it was probably Jack. She wasn't necessarily nervous but she hadn't brought anyone home since college and Jack was an exception.

"You look like you're about to shit yourself what's wrong?" Jack asked pulling her into a hug. "I don't know, I don't bring guys around." She whispered kissing him on the cheek.

"This Jack?" Aaron asked walking up to the couple. "Yes I am, it's nice to meet you." Jack reached out to shake his hand but was instead welcomed with open arms. "None of that over here, it's nice to finally meet you son."

Destiny felt a sigh of relief and walked into the kitchen where she was met with Kavon, Naz's son playing with Harley. "I missed you Auntie." He said hugging her, only reaching up to her hip. "I miss you more KK, you wanna say hi to the vlog?"

Meanwhile Jack was facing a casual interrogation by Aaron and Arnell. "How'd you two meet?" Aaron was asking the lighter questions since he trusted his daughter's judgment and figured she wouldn't have bothered bringing anyone around who she didn't take serious.

"We met at this party, and over the course of a few months continued running into each other..."