◇13

Mark looked over at the table with his friends

Dahye: You should go talk to them.

He looked back at her. She had started eating better too. Mark could really see her improving, feeling good. Somehow he was feeling like he was doing well too.

Mark: You...

She looked up to meet his eyes, humming for him to continue.

Mark: Do you want to meet them too?

He saw how her eyes shook in nervousness. She shot a look at the table with his friends before looking back at him.

Dahye: I don't think they would like me.

Mark: Why would you think that?

Dahye: No one ever likes me... they will see the scars on my hands and go away too like everyone else did.

The silence in the cafeteria made the two of them look around, Dahye's eyes mirrored her fear. Everyone had heard her. She had become too loud. Mark didn't know about the scars either. He thought she only had depression not to the point... 

Knowing that she would be feeling exposed he looked back at her but she was already running out the cafeteria. He stood up to follow her, but was surprised when Jaemin put a arm on his, stopping him. 

Jaemin: I will go talk to her.

Mark: Jaemin-

Jaemin: I know...

Only then it clicked in Mark's head. Jaemin would know how to deal with his. Better than Mark could ever.

 Better than Mark could ever