◇16

Dahye found herself crying yet again

Dahye found herself crying yet again. This time though, his arms were around her. His hand comfortingly running through her hair. But the comfort he provided only made her cry more. 

Mark: Shh... its okay...

It was not. 

She liked his comfort so much, she didn't like the thought of him ever leaving her alone. Her hands desperately held onto his sleeve.

Mark: I am right here. I am not going anywhere.

It was as if he could read her feelings and thoughts. This only made Dahye want him more. 

Mark: You're so strong Dahye... so brave... i am proud of you...

Words she wished she heard earlier. Words she wished she had heard before she hurt herself. Words from someone she trusted so much that she would believe anything they would say. 

Her crying slowly reduced to sniffles and heavy breathing. He hummed a little, calming Dahye's raging thoughts. Those thoughts left her head just as fast as they came. 

Dahye liked everything about Mark. His voice, his smile, his words of courage, his sparkling eyes... him over all. And even in her pathetic state he called her strong when she didn't feel it. She felt so weak and vulnerable. She was not brave. She was a coward to her fears. How could he be proud of her?

Yet she believed it all. The words making her feel much better.

 The words making her feel much better