Chapter 20

"Get me out of here." Zero was shocked and nervous. He doesn't know what he would say.

"What?" 

"I wanna see the sunrise." The guy looked forward. Zero sighed and pushed the wheel chair. They passed by a few nurses. Zero decided to take the elevator. When they finally arrived at the rooftop, the sun was starting to rise.

When Zero loosened his grip on the handles, the guy moved forward on his own. When he finally stopped, no one dared to say anything. The sun was slowly rising. Its rays slowly painting the streets of Seoul. Zero watched as the rays hit the guy's face. The guy closed his eyes and felt the comforting warmth. He always loved sunrise but he can't see it as much as he wanted too. And now, was perfect.

Zero looked at the sky, narrowing his eyes. He wondered why the guy wanted to see the blinding sun. He was about to leave him but then his mind reminded him of his conversation of Taeyong.

["You better make it up to him hyung!"]

"What! No way!"

["Oh shut up! You almost killed him!"]

"I did not."

["You did!" ]

"Did not!"

["Then, why did you ignore him when he was bleeding to death? You might as well have obliterated the living daylights out of him!"]

"I just found the love of my life, and he ruined the moment!"

["That's it? Gosh, hyung. You did not even bother to find out why he ran away like that!" ]

"I don't care!"

["Then, why are we now screaming at each other like damned idiots?" ]

"Because..."

["What?"]

"I don't know... I don't know!"

["You better make it up to him hyung."]

With that Taeyong hung up. And thirty minutes later, he found himself watching the others in secret, as they paced back and forth outside a room. And he observed as they hugged the doctor because of what he said that must have been good news. He watched as an unconscious human being was transferred to one of the rooms in the hospital. He watched as the others went in and out the room. He waited until everyone was asleep, and slept outside the room, on the bench. And he woke up to an in-pain patient doing everything he can to get his wheel chair going. And now, he was here. 

He returned to the guy's side and found that he was now narrowing his eyes at the sun. Zero shrugged. "You do know the consequences of staring at such bright object, right?" 

"Yes." 

"Then why stare at it? Why hurt yourself?" He smiled at Zero's question

"I would take the pain, if it means to see it shine bright." 

"Are you that foolish?" The guy laughed weakly.

"It's that what you think?" 

"Yes." The guy sighed but smiled. He was silent. A sign that he did not bother to further explain the hidden meaning behind his answer, the unspoken words behind his reply.