Chapter 10

Zero's POV

Days passed after my encounter with the guy. But the thought never left me.

I was now making my way through the institute, with the others following me. I knew every corner of this place, so I moved around without even second guessing.

It was my first week, and I had to visit Mr. Lee for a few tests. It was like going to the doctor, really. We stopped in front of the lab. It had the word Zero on the door which made me smile. I miss this place already. I went it, and the others hesitated, but followed anyway. When I entered, I was greeted by the same blinding white which I loved. It was so... pure. 

Mr. Lee was there. He smiled at me. And I did the same. Well, I had to thank him in every single way that I am still alive, even though it's not the kind of life I want. He motioned for the others to stay there and wait for me to enter the second room. There, I saw familiar faces and I greeted them formally as they said how they missed me. I bowed and told them I missed them just as much.

Then the test proceeded. There was some king of cap attached to my head and attached to it were wires. Then I heard a voice of a woman as she stated. "Vital reports for the week... Downloading... Download complete... Printing data..." Mr. Lee took the papers, as the machine sent the soft copy to the computers.

"Zero... " He started. "Is your heart malfunctioning?" 

"Aniyo."

"Why are there a thousand reports of extreme heart rate?" 

"I... I don't know."

"I see." He said. "Do you remember something?"

"They all look familiar. And that's that. I never knew their names except for one who introduced himself, Oh Sehun. But, nothing sparked. But, I have the feeling I can trust him." 

"Is that it?"

"I'm afraid so...."

"Okay... I would reprogram you to wake a bit like the average and will command an immediate cool down if your heart starts beating abnormally again."

After the session, he took me to his office to talk privately.

"Zero, I want you to know I am contacting the doctor who did your operation."

Suddenly, I felt nervous and excited at the same time.

"Really? What did he say? Who is the person I gave my heart to?" 

Silence.

"You see, Zero, the doctor seems to be overseas," My heart sank. "He is not answering but I hear he will return, I don't know, maybe in a few months? We will get your answer by then."

"Ahh. Thank you Mr. Lee." I was about to leave when he said something.

"Zero, try to find out why you are having extreme heart rates." 

"Why?"

"Your heart is performing perfectly. But something triggers it to beat at exaggerated rates,"

"So, I'm supposed to find out what causes it?" 

"Yes." He said.

"But if you can't, try to find out who." 

Who? What do you mean, who? I stormed out of the office. I don't know why, I suddenly felt anger ruled my body... because... I'm totally clueless. Damn it! Who's 'who'?

***

FYI, the other chaps were fillers. The fun is about to start.

P.S. Sorry. Not good at doing teasers. Oh lol. Peace. Kyle here btw. :DDD