Chapter 22

A/N: If you have something to ask about geeky things, message Kyle. > DaredToEatAPeach123. And oh, we're back.

Chapter 22

Authors' POV

'Awwwwe. You know what? I miss you so much too!! TT_TT. Let's be together again Somin-ah! ^_^' Baekhyun gripped the phone so hard it was going to break any minute. I'm leaving. I'm leaving. OMG I'm leaving. He stared at the emoticon ^_^. He admired the irony. He was not smiling the way he's eyes would turn to crescents. He was feeling and doing the total opposite. Somin's not gonna buy this act.

He could hear voices in the background. It was Chanyeol and Yeonhee but he was too focused on the SEND button to notice.

Just when Byun Baekhyun was about to press it... BLAG!

He looked at the source of such loud sound. He saw Yeonhee and the others gathering around Zero who was on the floor, his body not moving but his eyes were open.

"Cha-Chanyeol!" Baek started.

Zero... Zero collapsed.

***

Printing Data... Data Printed...

Mr. Lee took the papers from the printer and stared at the vitals before handing them to Taeyong. Taeyong stared at them for a minute. Numbers Number Numbers. He would have groaned if it wasn't an emergency. It was.

Cyborg Subject Zero collapsed. The Institute worked on this for years before human trial. The researchers almost cried when they discovered Zero's imperfection, but to hear about malfunction, Taeyong swore he saw some almost went hysterical.

They were intellectual people. But to go through this kind of fatigue was too much. But, now, they were all silent and calm, giving him all their attention.

"REPORT FROM HOUR 1711-1716," He read aloud. "HOUR 1711 EXTREME HEART RATE WARNING (3). HOUR 1712 EXTREME HEART RATE WARNING (2). HOUR 1713 EXTREME HEART RATE WARNING (4). HOUR 1714 SYSTEM OVERDRIVE. HOUR 1715 SYSTEM SHUT DOWN COUNTDOWN. And at HOUR 1716, only the back-up systems were working. Zero shut down,"

Everybody took a breath.

"I thought... ugh..." Taeyong was frustrated.

"Yes, Taeyong?"

"Well, you see Mr. Lee, according to the last report, he was releasing lesser amounts of serotonin and larger amounts of dopamine, and especially oxytocin. So I thought he must be in love," A lot snorted. These people would never understand.