Oboro's back

Shigaraki POV

I walk into Dabi's room. He had texted me to come in and check something out. I am currently seeing the mess Oboro Shirakumo/Kurogiri has done to him. Bottles are everywhere! There test tubes all over his desk. It was like a mad scientist's lab. There was even a hole on the floor boards!

And he looks like he didn't have enough sleep last night. His eyes were wide and bloodshot. He needs rest stat. Or maybe coffee? I know he doesn't sleep usually but this is too far.

However, when he saw me, he shot a burned out, bright smile. "I did it! He might not be exactly same as he was before but he'll have the memories of both Kurogiri and himself!" He exclaims quickly, with his words in a line.

He sounded happier than I've ever heard him. I can't help but snicker at his hyper fixation to the fact he succeeded.

I guess this means goodbye then. The plan was to fix Kurogiri and turn ourselves in while giving him to Eraser. The final day of the LOV. End of an era, some people say.

"Well this is it then!" I close my eyes a smile with my hands out for a hug. But I could tell that he just went from happy to serious because he flicks my head.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"Being an emotional wreck"

...

When we enter the living room, Toga was going on about something I simply couldn't care less about. She was whining it over with Kurogiri, who was looking straight at the TV and nodding at everything she said. He was either listening intently, or the complete opposite. It's been hard to tell ever since his attitude started to rise and sink.

We stood in front of them, smiling our best. When Toga finally noticed us, she stopped talking and asks "What are you two smiling creepily for? And what happened to Dabi?!". She must've noticed Dabi's bloodshot eyes.

"Just want to give a good welcome to Oboro Shirakumo" Dabi replies swiftly to give her the hint. Kurogiri looks at us straight in the eye.

Toga immediately stands and takes steps back away.

I send off "Kurogiri, have a great life! You were amazing!" with a smile. Dabi comes in close with the needle. It was full of a golden colour elixir.

Kurogiri backs away and stumbles "Are you sure Tomura? Do YOU want this?". He's must've understood the plan as soon as I said his real name. But he's misunderstood the whole point.

I grit my teeth closely "This isn't about me! It's about YOU! Goodbye Kurogiri... Hope you won't look at us in a bad way. We wish your friends can guide you again". I smile at the end.

Dabi takes this as a sign to stab Kurogiri with the needle in the neck. He freezes as Dabi rushes to push both me and Toga. His head was stun in place and starts twitching.

He yells "Hold your breath!!" and cover his mouth, waiting for and impact. We do so and BOOM!!!

A fog of purple fills the room. We all couldn't see sh*t! I hear Toga's muffle coughs in the background. Soon it clears, and my eyes go directly to the sofa.

There, sitting there looking at himself in shock, was someone who was both Kurogiri and Oboro. His face and neck wasn't covered in ghastly smoke anymore but his hair was still. His eyes still the same yellow, shape as before but his hands were normal human. However, purple smoke was around his wrists, like wild, purple fires.

I knew Dabi said their will still be features of Kurogiri but I didn't expect it to be so much.

He looked at us. His yellow eyes disappear med for a moment to show the water eyes tearing up. He stood up slowly and walked to me. I deserve whatever comes. He should punch me out of me cheating him out on his life.

Instead, he hugs me. What? Why? But instead of asking I hug him back. This will be one of the last times.

He says "You did good on letting go, Shigaraki, thank you so much!". His voice and tone was different that it was weird. I was jolly and full of emotion.

We let go of each other and Toga walks towards us. Oboro grabs her and practically reaches over to Dabi to pull them in a hug. He was such a happy person back them! He had so much energy!

"Umm one thing!" Dabi points out while releasing himself from the grip of the 30 year old man so he could explain "I couldn't take away the quirk Afo forced on you, so your kinda stuck with it".

"That's great!" Oboro yells happily "It's a useful quirk! Plus, it's TWO quirks! That's better than one, am I right?". A 30 year old man who shouts like a kid. But I'm not going to complain.

"Now that's out the way..." I start. They all knew what I was gonna say. Oboro pulls us all in for another hug.

God, I will miss them.

But Dabi ruins it.

"There is ONE more small thing I want and so desperately need to do in the gc!" He says and I scowl at him so hard. He is being EXTRA. We don't need that. He knows they'll find out soon about us being the 'GC strangers' because they won't be stupid enough not to take our phones!

"You said it was about the Todorokis, right?" Toga asks for reassurance and he nods.

"Better be quick, AND today." I tell him as sternly as I could be.

Finale soon!!!