Convincing and A lost friend (Chapter 11)

A couple of weeks after the last chapter Y/n was sitting in a room and waiting for something or someone then the door opened and Cinder, Mercury, Emerald and Neo in her disguise walked in.

Y/n" Ah your here please take a seat if you want."

Cinder" So you're the one who wanted to meet us."

Then Cinder and her team sat down.

Y/n" Yeah know then hows Salem?"

The teams pupils narrowed.

Cinder" How did you know?"

Y/n" Well you tried to do something with the communications tower with an awful disguise, so I thought that your team would be in on it and Neo that disguise needs work. ( Neo then turns to her normal self) For me knowing that you work for Salem is well you've got some of the fall maidens powers and since she wants to destroy everything she would need the maidens."

Mercury" I'm guessing you're turning us in?"

Y/n" No not really if you stop working for Salem that all your crimes will be forgiven. Now then talk to me why work for her?"

Emerald" Why should we tell you?"

Y/N" Well I'm trying to help and if I beat the king then I'll probably help Salem rest, so tell me why?"

Cinder" ... I was an orphan and bullied by the other orphans then when I was adopted my step mother abused me and worked me to the bone at the glass unicorn. I had enough so I killed them and Salem promised me power."

Y/n" I was abused and neglected too worked to death, thrown down the stairs, passed out several times until I was adopted by Ironwood. I got my revenge by kicking the shit out off my old family but now I'm kind of moving on and getting ready for the future."

Cinder" You did have it bad but I had it worse and with Salem I can have power and prove that I can be something on my own."

Y/n" Hmm Do you think I'm this strong because I shunned people out, that I got to where I am today through doing it alone? People need others to help them be strong let me put it this way who would win 1 strong man or hundreds of weaker ones?"

Cinder" The strong one."

Y/n" Nope the strong one would get tired and careless giving openings to the weaker ones, if the strong one doesn't have people to help them then they'll die if met by an army. I've seen it happen before someone in Atlas was using the birth driver and thought he could take out any greed out there and when he was taken out on a mission he rushed ahead and was met with hundreds of them and well let's just say he wont make that mistake again."

Cinder" ..." Cinder just looked down at her hands.

Y/n" Mercury you're up tell me?"

Mercury" I lived in the mountains with my father he was an assassin and to make me strong he would constantly beat me. He even stole my semblance because he thought it would a crutch, one day I just snapped and killed him, I then joined Cinder and Emerald and thus Salem."

Y/n" Hmm so why do you follow them, you could go and do anything like become a mercenary or summat. Your father was an asshole so you got revenge but think about this do you want others to have the same thing happen to others?"

Mercury shook his head.

Y/n" If you keep doing what your doing others would be worse off then you were. Now then Emerald?"

Emerald" I lived everyday as my last, I had no guarantee of food so I stole what I could, that's when I met Cinder and she promised me to help me."

Y/n" And now you have it and you think you owe Cinder everything don't you?"