(II) Return to Gongmen

And so, master Tigress undertook a nostalgic journey back to the great city of Gongmen. Years had passed since the last time she was in the city and surely many things had changed. But who knows? This new stage of her life may be something interesting.

Tigress remembered with nostalgia the country landscapes and the small villages through which they passed when she traveled with Po and the rest of the Furious Five. She even visited that small village where the fishermen supported them to navigate the river to the big city. And to her surprise, the small town received the great master with great joy.

Tigress spent the night in the small village while listening to the tales that the residents told her about Gongmen. According to them, the city had expanded further, and its large harbor now stretched several kilometers around the coastal area. Strengthening its position as the most important city in all of southern China.

Early in the morning, Tigress saw with nostalgia that barge that took her along with her companions a long time ago, and still on the curious boat, that fisherman. That rude rabbit with his peculiar black patch over his left eye.

Fisherman: - So, destiny brought you with me once more. -

Tigress: - A pleasure to see you, old friend. -

Fisherman: - Well? Where do I have the pleasure of leading on this occasion? -

Tigress: - I must go to Gongmen. Can you take me there? -

Fisherman: - How do you think of asking that? Of course I will take one of the heroines from China. We owe a lot to you. -

Tigress: - Thank you very much. -

The fisherman took the teacher once more down river towards the city of Gongmen. The river current was pleasant, and the barge glided gracefully on the calm waters from the river. Tigress knew that the trip would take a couple of days, so she packed her things inside the boat and spent most of the time listening to the stories that the fisherman told her about the big city.

Tigress was not interested in any of the stories that the rabbit told her, with the exception of one in particular. There were rumors that some residents began to behave strangely. According to rumors, some were aggressive for no apparent reason, and sometimes behaved erratically. But the city guard took them into custody almost immediately. The fisherman believed that they were all false rumors, but Tigress had a bad feeling about it.

After several days sailing, the ship finally docked at the great port of Gongmen, but this time, the teacher did not have to hide under the docks to remain unnoticed. The image of the port and the city was impressive. The stories she heard were true. The great city of Gongmen had grown exponentially, and on the docks there was a constant flow of goods and passengers.

After thanking the fisherman, Tigress took her modest belongings and headed towards the city palace, but she was not prepared for what she was going to find. The streets of Gongmen were crowded with people who went their way without paying much attention to anything in particular. Tigress had to be very careful not to collide with the agitated citizens, until she was finally able to reach a small square where she could take a rest. The biggest problem was that she had no idea what part of the city was.

With so many changes, the teacher had a hard time being able to locate herself in the big city, so she had no choice but to climb on one of the buildings to see the city from above, but she couldn't believe what she saw from there. Tigress had never seen such a big city. The stories were true, even being more than twenty meters above the ground, the teacher was not able to see the horizon behind the large number of buildings. Tigress's gaze was alienated with such opulence, until something caught her attention.