(XVII) The old mines

Tigress reached into her pocket, and then took out a strange object from inside. It was a small jewel in the shape of a crescent moon, which when held up for Tai Lung to see, revealed a fine, lavishly detailed silver chain. At first, the snow leopard didn't know what it was all about, or what Tigress's intention was, and his confused face showed it openly.

Tigress: - It's a gift. - She said something annoyed, assuming that Tai Lung would notice instantly.

Tai Lung: - Oh. Wow. Thank you. Is very pretty. -

The snow leopard tried to hide his indifference, since he did not feel particularly attached to jewels, nor did he understand the romantic meaning of the gift at first glance. But when he saw Tigress's disgusted face, he understood his big mistake.

Tai Lung: - Oh... OH! Thank you. - He said in amazement trying to hide his mistake.

Tai Lung reached out to grab the necklace, but Tigress withdrew her hands in disgust as she looked in another direction.

Tigress: - If you don't want it... you don't have to take it. -

Tai Lung: - Yes, I want it! - He yelled something desperate, taking Tigress by surprise. - Sorry... Yes, I want it. -

Tigress could see the regret in Tai Lung, clearly visible in his ears hanging back and trying to show a strange smile to hide his embarrassment. The teacher came a little closer and personally placed the necklace on the leopard's neck. While it is true that the piece of jewelry was a trinket compared to the luxurious items inside the Imperial Palace, Tigress's choice was authentic, inspired by her tastes, choosing one that she particularly liked. Of course, Tai Lung had no way of knowing this, but after being able to see the true intentions of the act, he gladly accepted it.

[Any relationship between the jewel and the Dreamwork logo is purely coincidental. XD]

Seeing that Tai Lung spent more than ten seconds lost in thought, Tigress caught his attention by clearing her throat.

Tigress: - You said you had discovered something about the mines. -

Tai Lung: - Ah... Yes. I did. - He said getting out of his state.

Tai Lung took out a small piece of paper rolled up like a scroll and showed it to Tigress.

Tai Lung: - I spoke with some of the older workers in the mines. Many of them even worked in the abandoned mines, remembering most of the passages and vaults inside. From the stories I heard, I was able to draw a map by matching the details I was collecting from the elders. -

Tigress approached a lantern that illuminated a small corner of the alley and opened the scroll getting a big surprise. Rather than noticing the intricate system of caves and vaults, Tigress was surprised by the precision of the outlines and the detail of the map. It was so well done that the tattered piece of paper on which it was drawn faded into a second, if not third, plane.

Tigress: - Did you do this? - She asked in amazement.

Tai Lung: - Eh... yes. I know it's not a big deal... But I tried hard enough to do it. - He said blushing, thinking that Tigress was making fun of his inability, but the truth was quite the opposite.

Tigress: - Isn't a big deal? It's a joke? This map is better made than the ones I have in the palace. -

Tai Lung: - This? Do not exaggerate. That was the little I was able to learn about cartography when I lived in the Jade Palace. -

Tai Lung was a bit surprised by Tigress's reaction, but seeing the teacher's face he was able to deduce a shameful truth.

Tai Lung: - Wait. Didn't they teach you that in the palace? -