(XVI) Wrong Numbers

The sun ushered in a new day in Gongmen's City accompanied by a mighty gong that shook heaven and earth. Tigress would wake up, discovering that she was alone lying on her bed. Still half dazed, she managed to stand up, covering her body with the huge sheets that she was dragging on the floor, and quickly put on clothes that were a little more adapted for the cold. Then she sat on a stool and began to brush her ruffled fur. And it wasn't until she finished getting ready that she noticed a small, folded piece of paper on the dresser.

------

真   我   我

是   在   有

個   主   地

美   街   道

妙   許   的

的   氏   情

夜   兄   報

晚   弟

       酒

       館

       後

       面

       等

       你

------

[The letter in Chinese was made with great affection XD. I hope you don't mind and if someone who knows Chinese tells me it's nonsense, I'll gladly change it. XD]

"It was a wonderful night. I'll wait for you behind the Xu Brothers' Tavern on the main street. I have information on the tunnels."

The letter said inside.

The letter aroused Tigress's curiosity, as well as giving her a nice boost to start the day. She hadn't noticed it before, but Tai Lung had a calligraphy worthy of the best scribes of the time. The teacher kept the piece of paper jealously in one of her pockets and hurried to her office to advance all the overdue documents from the previous day. Coming out of her room, she surprised the four servants who had assumed she would continue to sleep late and were sitting on the wooden planks talking about nonsense.

The servants stood up immediately, even so, Tigress was so absorbed in her thoughts that she didn't notice her carelessness in the slightest. In fact, looking at her face it was hard to define if she was sad or happy. Her mouth was drawn in a slight Mona Lisa-style smile, but her eyes were drooping, with black spots on her lower lids like those of someone tired or who had cried for a long time. For those who were unaware of the nocturnal "adventure", the Tigress teacher was doing her best to hide her sorrow for the death of master Crocodile, which was partly not without truth.

Fang Yin: - Master Tigress. Could you get some sleep? - They both ran into each other in the corridors of the palace.

Tigress: - Good morning, Fang Yin. Yes. I was able to sleep a bit. -

Fang Yin: - I'm going to the kitchen. Do you mind if we have breakfast together? -

Tigress: - I would love to. But I must go to my office. There are many overdue documents that require my attention. If possible, ask one of the servants to bring something to my office. -

Fang Yin: - With pleasure, little one. - Said with sweet voice. - But remember to rest from time to time. Stress is not good for your fur. - She said referring to her soft wool.

Tigress: - I'll keep it in mind. Now I am retired. -

Tigress and Fang Yin went their separate ways, until finally, Tigress came to a fork inside the palace where a sudden thought came to her mind. If she took the path to the right, she would reach her office in less than thirty seconds, but if she took the corridor to the left, she would reach Fang Yin's luxurious office.