(XXVII) Mind and Soul

Tigress felt a peace like never before. Her body felt very light, and the pain from her previous battle was gone. It was as if will float on the constant flow of a river of calm waters. Began to regain her senses little by little. The first was the smell; a sweet cherry scent that tickled her nose slightly. Then the ear; she listened to the sound of water running down the gentle slope of a plateau and delicately falling down a small waterfall. Then the view.

Tigress finally opened her eyes. A light blinding hit her retinas causing him slight discomfort, but nothing too bothersome. Her vision gradually improved, until her eyes revealed an impressive sight.

She was in a beautiful and otherworldly place, with golden hues in every corner. She was floating in the air, couldn't feel the ground low her feet, and indeed, there seemed to be no ground anywhere. They were huge rock formations floating freely through the air, something that seemed simply impossible and beyond all logic. And she could feel a slight current through her body that gently caressed her fur. It wasn't air, that she could tell. It wasn't water either, because she could breathe without problems. The only option that came to mind was the Energy of the Universe.

Tigress: - Am I dead? - She asked in shock, accepting her tragic fate.

She knew that her injuries were too serious. The brands from Chao's teeth on her hand would not stop bleeding. She probably lost too much blood and that was the cause of her death. Or maybe she died at the hands of bandits once she fell passed out. But before she could continue drawing conclusions:

????: - I see that there are things that never change. - Said a voice behind her. A voice she remembered very well.

Tigress turned around in a hurry, but she couldn't believe her eyes. Before her were revealed some figures that she never thought she would see again. Three of them. Three very important beings to her. The one on the right was Oogway, gold cloak flapping elegantly in the Flow of the Universe. The one on the left was Mantis, her old friend and brother for life, now with beautiful golden patterns drawn on his exoskeleton. And the one in the middle, was Shifu, her former teacher, and her adoptive father, with a detailed moon-shaped jade staff in his right hand.

Oogway: - You've grown. - He said with a sweet voice.

Shifu: - I'm glad to see you, master Tigress. -

Tigress couldn't contain herself, and she threw herself on Master, giving him a big hug. A genuine happiness appeared on the faces of everyone present, and a tear ran from Tigress's right eye. The cat looked up, stretched out her hands and took the turtle and mantis and hugged them. The four of them shared a happy moment until the little red panda decided to break the touching moment after a few seconds. After all, he didn't like a lot The hugs. But more than disgust, it caused a mocking smile in those present.

Mantis: - I must say. I didn't expect to see you here so soon. -

Tigress: - Many things happened. And what about you? What are you doing here? -

Mantis: - You won't believe me but... I got married! AND I'M GOING TO BE A DAD! - He said extremely happy.

[If you don't understand this, look up the mating process of the praying mantis.]

Tigress: - I'm happy for you, little one. - She said as he grabbed him with her right hand and rubbed his head with the other in a mocking way.

Mantis: - Hey. Stop with that. - He said as he got rid of his grip. - And what about you? -

Tigress didn't say anything, she just placed her hand on her stomach and looked at it with a slight smile. Those present could not believe their eyes, and even the serene Oogway had a stunned expression on his face.