xi. 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖎𝖝

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Atlantic Ocean | April 9th, 01:16 EDT

I lay down on my bed in my quarters, thinking of everything that has happened in the past few weeks. I take in words Artemis said about me and Impulse. I know he flirted with me a lot but was it genuine? Even if we date, it would be considered odd to date someone from a different timeline. If Barry and Iris' kids have kids of their own, will Bart still be here? Will there be a different, younger version of him? I wonder. I let out a sigh and walk over to the sink, looking at myself in the mirror. I have dark circles under my eyes from lack of sleep. I turn on the tap and splash cold water on my face, seemingly to wake myself up.

"Tigress, Fang, report to Kaldur'ahm's quarters at once," Manta announces.

"Yes, boss?" Tigress asks as we enter Kaldur's room.

"This is Psimon. He is here to telepathically repair the shattered mind of my son," Manta introduces.

"He can do that?" I question.

"Indeed, my dear. I'll dig right in and root about piecing his entire mental life together. By the time I'm done, I'll know Kaldur'ahm better than he knows himself," Psimon explains.

"Perfect," Tigress responds with a smile.

"Yeah, perfect. If Psimon wants to find out that Tigress and I are Artemis and Zanobia," I think to myself.

"When can you begin?" Manta asks Psimon.

"I need to focus, set my own mental house in order before I enter his ruins," Psimon states, sitting on a stool adjacent to Kaldur's bedside.

"Stay with them until the process is complete," Manta orders Tigress and me.

"My son never spoke of his feelings but his words could not hide how much he cares for you both," Manta says, placing his hands on our shoulders.

"We don't speak about our feelings either. Not with words," Tigress responds, causing me to nod in agreement.

"Your actions define you both. I respect that. So you'll be glad to know I will take action against the Martian witch that did this to our beloved Kaldur'ahm," Manta responds.