xi. 𝕰𝖌𝖔 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕾𝖚𝖕𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖌𝖔

・┆✦ʚ♡ɞ✦ ┆・

・┆✦ʚ♡ɞ✦ ┆・

Metropolis | September 9th, 19:47 EDT

The six of us enter the junkyard, in search for Superboy and my boyfriend. Then, we get out of Nightwing's car.

"Spread out. Search Pattern Alpha. If we're going to rescue S.B., and find Bart, we need to find it," Nightwing orders.

"Zanobia, you'll stay with me and Kaldur," Zatanna declares, and I nod.

"You'd think finding one old school bus would be easy," I state.

"Found it!" Tigress shouts, causing everyone to jog toward her.

"Ah, great job!" Zatanna congratulates her.

"Nice work," I say with a small smile.

"Phantom Zone, here we come!" Zatanna announces.

"Yeah, that might be a problem..." Tigress says unsurely, looking at the now-destroyed school bus.

・┆✦ʚ♡ɞ✦ ┆・

From a water tower, Kaldur utilizes his water abilities to slide the now-destroyed school bus toward Zatanna and I.

"Good. That'll give them room to work. Everybody ready?" Zatanna asks, causing me to grin.

"Sgowogort egreme!" Zatanna and I chant, causing Trogowogs to spawn.

The creatures giggle and scream, starting to run around. However, Rocket contains one in her force bubble, Aquaman grabs one with his water-bearers, Tigress captures one with her arrow, which transforms into a net, ensnaring one of the Trogs. Then, Nightwing throws a trashcan lid at one's feet, knocking it onto the ground. Next, he picks it up with a grin.

"Great job, everyone!" Zatanna and I praise.

"Etativel," She and I chant, levitating the Trogs in the air.

"You did almost as well as our students," Zatanna comments.

"If you rebuild that bus for us, we'll give you any vehicle on this lot," I tell the Trogs, crouching so they can hear my offer.

The Trogs giggle, talking amongst themselves before pointing to Dick's car.

"Deal!" I exclaim with a grin.

"Hey, that's mine! I'm not Bruce Wayne, you know?" Nightwing whines.

"Nah-ah. Uh-uh," a Trog shakes their head.

"We'll throw in one full bag of Freeze-Dried Chicken Whizees!" Tigress adds.

"I was saving those for the Zone!" Nightwing protests.

The Trogs giggle and squeal in delight.

"Not until you're done," I tell them sternly.

"And this will really work?" Aquaman inquires.

Magic starts to fly everywhere as the Trogowogs work their magic on the school bus.

"Amazing! What did you two call these creatures?" Kaldur questions.

"Trogowogs," Zatanna and I say in unison, sharing glances.

"But over the centuries, they've had many names," Zatanna adds.

"During World War II, they were called 'Gremlins," I mention.

"They favor tearing new things apart over putting old things back together. But as you can see...their skills work both ways," Zatanna clarifies as the bus' engine revs.

"Ta da!" The Trogs exclaim with glee.

"From crushed to crushing it. Not bad," Tigress observes.

"All yours!" Zatanna exclaims, handing Dick's keys to the tiny creatures. Then, Tigress proceeds to hand a Trog the Chicken Whizzees, the little guy cheering with joy, running toward his friends with the delicious snack.

"Hope you'll enjoy them," Nightwing huffs sarcastically.

Then, the creatures start to drive the car, speeding in the junkyard, causing Rocket to stop them with her force bubble.

"Ah! No joyriding in this realm. And you really should be wearing seatbelts," I scold the Trogs, placing both hands on my hips like a concerned mother.

"Sgowogort, nruter ot eht Htrae!" Zatanna and I chant, causing Dick's car to disappear in the Earth.

"So we're really doing this. And without M'gann?" Artemis asks.

Nightwing sighs. "I hate keeping secrets. But we can't get her hopes up. If we're wrong, or if this doesn't work, I think it would kill her," Nightwing tells us sadly.

Zatanna, Tigress, Rocket, and I exchange nods of agreement.

"All aboard," Zatanna declares, and all of us enter the school bus. Nightwing sits in the driver's seat, starting the engine. Then, all of us place belts around our waists, similar to Rocket's technology.

Then, Zatanna stares at the door, and Kaldur and I start to feed her our powers.

"Thank you," she replies with a smile.

"Mutrap a latrop!" Zatanna chants.

"Next stop, the Phantom Zone," Nightwing declares as he opens the doors.

Then, all of us enter through the portal.

・┆✦ʚ♡ɞ✦ ┆・