Chapter IV

"Rei is not Rei-ng right now. She's surprisingly brave today." Yujin told Wonyoung.

"They'd look good together."

"I know. Did you notice their faces? They were both blushing, it's too cute."

Out of curiosity, Wonyoung asked, "Did Rei ever date anyone before?"

"No, just a couple flings. She doesn't like commitment. Unless we're talking about swimming." Yujin answered.

"Oh, I didn't expect that. Well, do you think her first relationship is gonna go well?"

"Well, yeah. Rei is serious about many things, what more when it comes to relationship? Gaeul, on the other hand, is the one girls should beware of." they both laughed. Gaeul is the type to break girls' heart because of emotional detachment. Relationship isn't gonna go well for her, they think.

REI's POV

          Come to think of it, I sure am pretty bold today. What has gotten into me? I know my friends think I might have something for Liz now but I don't care. The moment I realized how scared she was inside that horror house, I wanted to take care of her.

I have to admit, she makes me smile and I think about her sometimes but I'm not sure if those actually mean anything. I can't say I like her yet because I haven't really done anything for her. But for now and starting today, I'd make sure she's okay.

"Thank you for the ride." she smiled after giving back the helmet. "You've done a lot for me today." I love how quick she blush.

"No worries." I smiled back. "Do you want me to pick you up tomorrow? We can go to school together." I offered and her eyes widen.

"No, it's okay. You don't have to do that." she waved both her hands on me.

"You sure?"

"Yes. My dad always drop me off to school."

"I see. Okay, then." I was about to leave when she calls my name.

"Rei." I turned to face her.

"Why are you doing this?" she calmly asked and honestly, my mind went blank.

"I, uh...I don't know." she doesn't look happy to hear what I just said. "I just want to." I added. She didn't say anything about it anymore and I don't know exactly what goes on in her head now that I realized what I just said.

"You should go before it gets dark." she said.

"Right." I looked at her one more time. "See you around."

"Take care." were her last words before I take off.

What the fuck was that, Rei? She might think you're playing around. I scold myself on the way home.

But I don't really know. Am I doing things for her because I find her interesting or am I just bored? I'll figure it out. I can't be doing these things if I'm not sure of myself

LIZ's POV

          When I got inside, I immediately went to my room. Today has been crazy. I don't know what's Rei's deal.

I layed down my bed and stare at the ceiling. "Pabo, she was just being nice. Why are you upset about her answer? She just did a few things for you and you already assume she's into you." I hit my head with my hand.

"Or maybe...she knows I have a little something for her that's why she did those things. Maybe that's why she was being so nice, to make me fall for her." great, I can't stop thinking about things now. I didn't even change clothes yet. "Ugh, whatever."

"Unless her intentions are clear, don't make a fool out of yourself, Jiwon. Always use your mind." I reminded myself.

Days passed and we didn't even notice that it has been a week already. We were piled up with school works, we didn't have time to hang out. I didn't even have time to think about Rei. This week has been hell.

Saturday, I was doing my homework when a group chat appeared on my phone's screen.

Karina: "Hello, everyone."

                 "Let's hang out. My place."

Ryujin: "Is Winter coming?"

Karina: "Yesss."

Ryujin: "Rei, you free?"

Rei: "I'm going."

Karina: "@An Yujin @Jang Wonyoung @Kim Jiwon what about you guys?"

Yujin: "Don't know"

Ryujin: "Come onnnnn"

                                                                                               "I'm busyyyy" (I used as an excuse)

Yujin: "Okay, we'll go"

Karina: "Great"

                 "Jiwon, you better go"

I decided to mute the group chat to focus on solving this math problem. After about half an hour, my phone started ringing. Karina is calling me. I declined twice and for the third time, I know she won't stop bothering me so I answered.

"Yah, what are you so busy for?"

"School works, dummy."

"You could just do them here, come on. I won't stop bothering you."

"Okay, okay, but I have to get mom's permission first."

"Good. Put her on the phone, I'll talk to her."

"Damn it, how do I make an excuse for this?" I thought. I pretended to walk into mom's room before speaking on the phone again.

"She's asleep." I lied.

"I don't believe you. Show her to me right now."

I sighed, "You just won't give up, huh?"

"Yes, I want you to come."

"I lied, she's not asleep." I told her the truth and I heard her laugh.

"I know you. Don't worry, Rei will pick you up." my eyes widened.

"What? No, it's okay. I can go by myself."

"Oh, but she's already on her way there. Get your ass up and be ready."

"What!?" I ended the call and start to gather my things. My mom noticed I'm in a rush.

"What's going on? You need to calm down."

"Uhh..I'll go out for a while, mom. I'll be back before it gets dark." just then, the doorbell rang.

"Are you expecting any guest?" my mom went to open the door and there she is.

Rei was a bit shocked to see my mom standing in front of her, "Oh, good afternoon, Mrs. Kim. I'm here to pick up Liz."

"Where are you girls going?" she asked out of curiosity.

"We're going to do a group project at Karina's house, ma'am. Don't worry, I'll bring her home before it gets dark." just before I know it, I'm already smiling. I don't know, her talking to my mom kind of made me feel things.

"Alright. Be careful on the road, okay?" I've seen her nod her head as a response.

As soon as I stepped outside, I asked, "Did Karina tell you to pick me up?"

"Yeah, in case you don't want to go." she slightly chuckled.

"I don't really have a choice now. You made an effort to go here."

"Alright, hop in."