Chapter VII

"Are you two done taking photos?" Rei asked the two who are now chit-chatting.

"I think so." Yujin answered for them.

"Then, let's get out of here. We need to go up the 2nd floor." Rei said and they all went up. Yujin and Wonyoung have already been there but they chose to stick around since they'll be eating together. Some of you may think they're kind of disturbing Rei and Liz's date but the other two didn't mind at all. This is just the first after all. And they needed someone to take photos of them together, too.

After having fun at the oceanarium, they went to eat at the restaurant nearby and decided to part ways afterwards so Rei and Liz could enjoy their first day by themselves.

"We still have time." Rei looked at her watch. "Are you having fun so far?"

"Yes. Thank you for this." it made Rei smile. "I'm kind of surprised to see Wonyoung and Yujin, though." she slightly chuckled.

"Believe me, I didn't know they were gonna be there. What a coincidence, right?" they both laughed.

          Before the day ends, Rei took Liz to a park to watch the sunset. Many people are out to take a picnic there so it's kinda crowded but Liz liked the idea of it.

"It must be fun going for a picnic." she said.

"We could do that next time. But not here, it's too crowded." Rei told her.

"What about you? Where do you want to go?" being considerate, Liz wants to know where Rei could enjoy.

"Anywhere. There's no specific place I want to go. I could enjoy being in all of it with you." Liz could feel her cheeks burning again.

"Don't flatter me."

Rei chuckled, "It's true. I've been to many places before but I've always felt alone even when I'm not." she stopped for a second and looked her in the eyes. "I'm happy today, Liz. Thank you for going out with me."

"I'm happy, too. I'm glad you figured out what you want." she told Rei.

They started walking again as they eat ice cream. "This is not actually new to me. You know, going out on dates but uhh..I never really dated anyone before, if that makes sense." Rei started confessing. Liz just listened.

"How did it go?" Liz asked out of curiosity.

"It went okay until for some reason, the spark kinda blew off." Rei chuckled awkwardly. "I tried to put more effort for it to work but it just didn't happen. Funny thing is I didn't get hurt when we decided to stop it. It only means I didn't really like them that much."

Liz wanted to hear everything from Rei herself. She likes that she's opening up and being honest with her. Emotional connection is something you can't just build whenever you want to.

"Is it okay for me to talk about all this?" Rei suddenly asked not to make Liz uncomfortable.

"Yeah, I don't like being left curious. It's good that you're opening up to me."

"Well, how about you? Have you ever had anyone before?"

"Not really." Liz thought for a moment. "Well, I only had this long-time crush. It's funny to think of it now."

"Tell me about it?"

"He's a family friend. And believe it or not, my parents tried to set us up together and to think of it now, it's actually cringy." they laughed.

"What happened? Did he not like you back?"

"I don't know but I don't care anymore. Things are different now and I'm the kind of person who leaves the past behind."

"I see." and just like that, the conversation ended. They sat on a bench to watch the sunset together.

"It's so beautiful." Liz couldn't help but admire the view but it was very different from Rei's point of view.

"I wish she knows she's beautiful than the sun itself." Rei thought as she glance at the blonde girl.

"We should take photos." Liz brought out her phone and took selfies with Rei. Rei also didn't miss the chance to capture Liz's beauty with her camera. She wouldn't miss it for the world.

"Smile, beautiful." Rei told Liz who blushed instantly.

"You've got to stop doing that." Liz joked out of shyness.

"Sorry, not possible." Rei teased her and proceeded to take pictures of Liz again. It's as if she's Liz's personal photographer for today.

Once the sun went down, they immediately made their way home. Rei still wanted to take Liz out for dinner but she needs to be home before 7 and Rei wouldn't want Liz's parents to worry about their daughter.

"6:54 PM. Wow, I managed to get you home before 7." Liz chuckled at her.

"Thanks, driver." she teased before returning the helmet.

"It's yours, remember?" Rei reminded her.

"I know but I can't keep it here. My parents would see it." Liz don't want to hurt Rei's feelings.

"Oh, right."

"Sorry."

"It's okay, I understand. I'll bring it over whenever I'll pick you up."

"But I love it. Really." Liz added making Rei look at her. "Thank you."

"I'm glad. It looks pretty on your head." they chuckled.

"Thank you again for today, Rei. I had fun."

"Me, too." they smiled at each other. "So, I'll see you again next time?" Rei asked, wanting an assurance if Liz wants to go on another 'date' with her.

The blonde nodded her head in return, "Yes, I'll look forward to it."

The next day, the two didn't make it obvious that they went out together yesterday but the loving looks Yujin and Wonyoung are sending them totally did.

"Okay, something's going on here." Ryujin started the conversation. She was the first one to notice. Rei was just smiling on the side. "What's up?"

"Nothing, I'm just happy." Yujin lied. She also couldn't help smiling.

"I wasn't talking to you." Ryujin then looked at Rei.

"What?" Rei acted dumb but the others are waiting for her to talk. She took a deep breath, "Fine."

"I did it. I finally confessed." she said.

"And?" her friends became invested in what she's about to tell.

"We went out together yesterday." and right there and then, her friends went gaga over her confession. Liz is being questioned by her friends at the moment, too. They were happy to know about the two.

"Way to go." Winter is proud of her friend. She knows how hard it is for Rei to make the first move then but now she's gotten brave.

"I know Rei won't make the same mistake twice." she thought.