Chapter XV

"So, she's basically living with you now?" Liz asked as she take a look at the kid who's busy playing video games. She decided to come by the next morning after Rei takes Wonyoung home.

"Well, for now. I can't risk taking her home, I won't be able to sleep." Rei said.

Liz lets out a sigh seeing how Rei took a heavy responsibility over the kid. She caressed the older girl's hand and said, "As much as I like you for being so nice, you didn't have to take responsibility for this. We could call the police and have her father arrested." and it silenced Rei for a minute. Liz has a point but it's still a lot to take in. They can't just decide for themselves. Leeseo's father is the provider of their family and therefore if they've had him arrested, how would Leeseo and her mom be able to provide for themselves? Rei knows she can't take full responsibility in all of this.

"It's hard to make a decision for other people." she told Liz.

"You're right. I get it now." the younger one agreed.

Rei then went to approach the little kid, "Do you want to go shopping? You need clothes."

"Oh, right. Your clothes are too big for me, unnie." Leeseo said innocently making the two chuckle.

"That's correct. Now, you better take a bath so we can go." Rei told the kid. "Wait, can you take a bath now? By yourself?"

Leeseo nodded her head, "Yes but unnie from last night helped me shower because I was so sleepy."

"Oh, Wonyoung unnie?"

"Yes. She even joined me in bed so I could sleep well." Leeseo said. "Too bad, I didn't get to say goodbye." she pouted.

Rei saw the look on the kid's face, probably wanting to see Wonyoung again. "Don't worry, you'll see her at school."

Her face lit up, "Really?"

"Yes. Now, go."

"Wow, Wonyoung did a great job babysitting." Liz said out of amusement.

"I know. They were both asleep when I got home." the two of them laughed.

WONYOUNG's POV

          After being called out for help last night, I surely need to get my body worked up today because there are lot of things to do. I actually think I needed that, though. It wasn't the kind of break I expected but it was fun because I really enjoy being around kids.

As I scroll through my phone, I received another text message from Yujin.

"Good morning. I'm still hoping we could talk."

Now my mind is distracted again. It's been a week already but I'm still mad about what I've seen. The way they casually talk to each other like nothing happened, the way Minju's stupid hand touch her shoulder and them giving each other loving looks are more than enough to get me furious. I shouldn't even be feeling this but it'd kill me if I kept it to myself.

I'm still having a hard time trusting her and things have just gotten worse.

But I know I feel something for her. I wouldn't act like this if I don't. I just really need her to be patient because I'm not an easy type. As surprising as it seem, I haven't dated anyone yet. Believe me, many have tried but none of them got this far except Yujin.

"Let's meet right now." I replied.

I decided to meet her in a café. It's the perfect place to meet her right now. When I got there, I noticed she already ordered my usual beverage.

"Hey." she stood up. "Here, take a seat." I wanted to thank her for her kind gestures but I still need to act tough, letting my pride get the best of me.

It was terribly awkward as if we're on our first date. You can totally tell the atmosphere between us is bad. But thank the heavens, she decided to open her mouth first.

"Thanks for meeting me. I really missed you." she said as she look into my eyes. Now, seeing her stare like that at me made me feel weak. I wanted to hug her so bad but I can't just do it now because she has to make it up to me yet.

But I let her hold my hand. Of course, I missed her, too. I'm not gonna lie about that. We haven't fought this long before. I'm aware, I was the one who asked for space but it made us realize things better. I sure at least did.

"Yeah, I figured we should talk now."

She couldn't speak at first but I gave her time, "I'm sorry. I really am." she said in a low voice. "There's no excuse for what I did and it made me realize how wrong it was. Not even in anybody else's point of view."

I sip on my coffee as I listen to her talk. I like how she's acknowledging her wrongdoings. She continued, "Because of how stupid and oblivious I was, you were hurt. Rei is right, I've always been the problem since the beginning."

"Don't ever lay a finger on any of your friends. They told me what happened." I reminded her. I also don't want her to engage in physical fights.

"Yeah, I snapped. I also have to apologize to her."

"That's right." I nodded my head. "It's good that you're now aware of things and you finally acknowledge your mistakes." she started to caress my hand.

"I got so scared. I thought I lost you." I've seen how her eyes get teary. She really mean every word.

"Then don't give me any reason to leave." she nodded her head.

"I'll make it up to you. I promise."

Funny how with just a small talk, my world revolves around her again. She's not doing anyting yet I've already forgiven her.

Is this how things should be when it comes to love?

I should've given up about what we have a long time ago. So many red flags were shown as time pass but I don't know why and how she draws me in. There's just something about her I really like.

I got home shortly after spending the whole day with Yujin. We ended up hanging out in their house, watching movies and doing stuff. Academic stuff, guys, I don't want you getting the wrong idea.

"Oh, you're home." my mom gave me a kiss as soon as I stepped into the room.

"I bought you croissant." I showed her the paper bag. She loves croissant a lot as well as my sister.

"I was craving for this, oh my god." she immediately bit on one. "Thank you, baby. This tastes so good."

"Leave some for unnie!" I teased before entering my room.

I was ready to jump onto my bed when a paper bag on it caught my attention.

"You deserve this." I read the message that's written on it. It's two different fragrances from Dior.

"Oh my god. Mom? Is this from you?" I quickly asked my mom out of excitement.

"The what?" my mom was confused but then remembered upon seeing the paper bag. "Oh, that's from- I forgot her name but she dropped that off this afternoon."

"I think I know who it is now."