Chapter XIV

When I got home, they were already asleep in my bedroom. It's already past 9. I'm worried Wonyoung's parents might worry about her so I had to wake her up.

"Wonyoung." I gently spoke to her.

"Hey." she sat up the bed. "Is everything okay now?"

I want to say yes but it's not. "No. Her family's a mess right now, I'll take care of her for a while."

I saw how worried she got. This is not something that happens commonly. "Will you be okay?"

"I hope so." I answered honestly. "I'm worried for Leeseo, she needs her mom." She didn't say anything at first but I guess it's pretty obvious how tired I am.

She tapped my arm and said, "You look tired." I gave her a fake smile. She's right, hell yeah, I am.

She then ended up spending the night here because I'm done for the day. We called her parents to let them know she's not coming home tonight.

"You're lucky it's the weekend." she told me once the call went off. I totally understand how lucky I am for her to be here right now. Despite her busyness, she lended a helping hand. I needed her to look after the kid while I was out.

"I owe you big time." I said.

She shook her head, "No, you don't. This is the least I could do after you stood up for me."

Remembering what happened earlier, I sure was pretty involved in dramatic situations today. That explains why I feel so drained.

"She's been calling me nonstop, you know?" she referred to Yujin.

"I'm sure she'll do everything in her power to make it up to you. I know her. She's just idiot sometimes." we laughed.

"I'm starving. Do you want to join me?" I suddenly thought of eating tteokbokki and ramyeon.

"Sure." she stood up and fixed the blanket for Leeseo who's sleeping soundly.

"She fell asleep in an instant. She must've been tired." Wonyoung said.

"Yeah, I found her crying on the sidewalk." I started to tell her the story of how and why the kid was there as I cook. I didn't really had the time to let her know all these things a while ago due to rush.

I'm still worried about Leeseo's mom but at the same time, furious too. I'm not the type to judge but everything about that man says it all after seeing his daughter and wife in a really bad situation. He would never earn my respect ever again.

If only unnie chose to come with me, I wouldn't be thinking about her with such worry at a time like this.

"So, how are things between you and Liz?" Wonyoung asked, bringing me back to reality.

Just thinking about her brought a smile to my face again, "I don't even know how to explain it. Everything is great."

"You know what? I feel like you're already in love." she teased.

"I think I'm getting there." I boldly told her, making her tease me even more. "I mean, she's very worthy of love. Liz is an amazing person, she really is. I've never found someone whom I want to take care of just as how I want to take care of her, you know?"

"You both are lucky to find each other." Wonyoung gave me a genuine smile.

"No." I respectfully disagreed. "I'm more lucky I found her."

AUTHOR's POV

"I just finished cooking." Rei showed Liz a bowl of tteokbokki as she video calls her. "And look who's here." Rei points the camera at Wonyoung.

"Wonyoung?"

"Hi, Liz!" Wonyoung waved at her.

"Why are you there?" Liz was surprised to see her on the phone.

"She was the one who helped me out earlier. I told her to stay the night because I don't have the energy to take her home anymore." Rei pouted in front of the camera.

"Is that so? Wow, you've had a long day, jagi." now, it's Rei's turn to blush. For Rei, calling Liz "jagi" was supposed to be a one time thing just to give her a bit of a tease but Liz obviously likes the idea of them using it to call each other now. Already.

"Jagi, huh?" Wonyoung teased.

"You weren't supposed to hear that." Rei hid her face for a second.

"What do you mean? I want her to hear it." Liz teased her, too.

Rei couldn't talk anymore while the other two make fun of her for being shy all of a sudden. "She's so red right now."

"I can tell." Liz kept on laughing. She knew she had made a big impact on calling Rei that.

___________________________________________

          Short update! I'll try to update again tomorrow evening. Please, wait patiently. Liz and Rei's love for each other is starting to grow more and more :)