Chapter - 13

I have no idea how I fell asleep so quickly Because when I woke up next I was covered with the blanket and I was drooling over the smell of food. I don't remember the last time I had a proper meal because of everything that has been going on, food has not been a priority. When I completely get out of half asleep state, I am suddenly super aware of a Killian presence next to me. He was still sitting next to me while working on the laptop that was placed on the side table. I was holding onto his hand next to me, I don't know when and how that happened while I was asleep but instantly apologize and move my hand away.

He gave a side glance and without completely looking toward me he said " There is food eat something and fresh up. once you are done I need to tell you a few things before we land" Okay! I don't like the waiting part it just makes me anxious and fidgety. so I told him "I am not really hungry We ---" Before I can complete my sentence he interrupted me and said " Did you not hear what I said Peach? I am not a man who likes to repeat himself, You were practically drooling in your sleep when the food arrived and I am not interested in wasting my energy on you while your brain is partially focused on the food. So would you please just eat without bothering me anymore?"

GOD? why does he have to be so rude all the time? I was just trying to talk to him and see if he can tell me what he wants to tell me but no MR. Egoistic needs things done the way he wants. I was too annoyed now and decided to divert my attention toward the delicious-looking pasta in front of me. Luckily they don't have any meat. I learned the hard way that I am not a big fan of any kind of meat. when I got out of the hospital my dad told me that I didn't used to eat any meat since I was a baby, but my doctors wanted me to try eating it now as it may help with my recovery. I thought maybe it wouldn't be as bad and ate a few chicken strips and some chicken soup, let me tell you that was the worst decision I could have made because I couldn't keep anything down for the next few days. I think it was just the texture that didn't settle with me but I decided to never try that again in the future.

Coming back to the food in front of me, Everything pretty much seemed to be vegetarian so I quickly started to stuff my face up with anything that comes into my view. God, I was starving. No wonder I woke up drooling over the smell of food. Once I was satisfied I looked to my side to find Killian already staring at me, to be more precise staring at my mouth with his lips slightly parted. I had to clear my throat to get his attention. He instantly snapped out of whatever daze I was in and said " I know you were hungry but you don't have to eat like a pig, Peach "  Did he just call me PIG? Ugh! Why do I have to be around him?  I ignored his comment and decided to ask him about what he wanted to talk to me. So I said, " Didn't you have something to tell me?"

On that note, he just went stiff for a second, like he was not sure if want to tell me or not. He recovered quickly and got up to go sit in front of Me again. Is it bad if I miss him sitting next to me already? his body felt like a warm blanket radiating heat and somehow knowing that he is next to me kept me calm. Ugh there is something clearly wrong with me, why else would I want this annoying person, who does nothing other than insult me every chance he gets to be sitting next to me? So I just push down whatever these feelings or thoughts were and decide to deal with them later on, right now I want to know what Killian has to say.

We stared at each other for a brief second before he just cursed under his breath, for god knows what, and said " Okay, Peach. So here is the thing! I know you don't remember anything from before and your cowardly father didn't tell you anything, But I need to make it clear that whatever expectations you have out of this marriage just throw them away. There is never going to be a US! It's always going to be you and me. We will get married on paper and that's it. you leave your own life and I will have my own. we don't see each other or question what goes on in the other person's life." I was taken aback by this tone and emotionless face. I am not sure if I am Mad, sad, or happy that I wouldn't have to deal with him in the future. I should be happy right? I mean that's what I wanted. A clean slate. so I cut him before he speaks any further and said " I am glad you feel that way Killian, Because there is no way I can fall in love with you anyways. The only reason I am willingly flying to Texas is because this was my only chance to get away from my old life. I was about to continue my rant when he suddenly leaned towards me and grabbed ahold of my hair and pulled it back forcefully enough to hurt me. He was angry, I could see it in his eyes that he was mad at me. Before I could ask him to let me go and tell him that he is hurting me. He came really close to my ears, his lips almost brushing over my ears, and said " Hazel, never and I mean never interrupt me while I am talking. Not when we are alone and not while my people are around. I am cutting you some slack here because I pity you and your stupid memory loss. Now I know you don't know anything about my work, but it would do you good to remember that you don't mean anything to me other than a good business deal and that if you disrespect me again you will be punished accordingly"

I was scared of him, but at some point, I actually stopped breathing. he just looked me straight in the eyes and gave me the most evil smile I have seen and said " Welcome to Houston Hazel and you can breathe now. You are not being punished just now, not yet!" with that being said he just shoved me back in my seat.

After my conversation with Killian He got up went somewhere in the back of the flight, and only got back when we were about to land. I expected the landing to be scary and have been dreading it since the takeoff. When he returned, he just sat next to me again, I am not sure if he did it to help me or if it was just a coincidence. I didn't want to focus on him right now and for sure didn't want his help. So I just closed my eyes and tried to focus on controlling my breathing when I felt Killian holding my hand and squeezing it slightly. I looked at him and tried got pull my hand back when he tightened his hold and said " Quit it peach, I am trying to help. Just stop being stubborn and look at me okay?" And just then the flight started to descend which caused me to forget everything and just focus on Killian and breathing" No matter how much I hate him but I knew I couldn't do this by myself.