Chapter - 14

Once we were finally on the ground, I took a few deep breaths to calm myself down before I let go of Killian's hand. He was still staring at me when he said " You will be staying at my place today and tomorrow my sister will come get you to the apartment. You will be staying with them near the university. I will call the dean and have them help you to set you up with whatever you would like to study. As long as you follow the rules and don't cause me any trouble you will be happy here. Do you understand Peach?" I just nod at him, too occupied by my own thoughts and the anxiety of meeting so many new peoples and starting a completely new life here in Houston. when Killian asked again " Do you understand Peach? I need you to use your words. This is not a safe place and I am not a good man. So if you want to be safe you need to understand what I am saying and follow my rules, Okay?" That definitely got my attention and I replied "Yes, Killian I understand"

He just hummed at my reply and said let's go. When we got outside the flight it was dark already. The place where we landed was again not a big airport or anything but looked more like a privately owned space. and there were 2 black cars standing in front of us along with a few men. Most of them had a security uniform on and guns with them but there were two men who were just casually dressed and were leaning on the cars and talking about something. As we walked up to them one of the men who was almost as tall as Killian, a bit more muscular and had a scary aura to him, was looking at me from head to toe and smiling at me. It gave me goosebumps and I unintentionally took back a step trying to be away from him. That is when the other guy who looked eerily similar to Killian but like a younger and happier version of him shoved the other by his face and said "backoff Miles" before he walked to me and hugged me tightly. I felt like my heart just jumped up to my throat. I was frozen in my spot. that's when I heard Killian say " Let her be Jarrel, She doesn't remember you!" I think I heard Jarrel curse before he let go of me completely and apologized to me. he said " Sorry Haz, I forgot you don't remember us. It's been too long anyways" I just gave him a small smile and looked up at him, He looked sad like me not remembering him was hurting him.

After that Killian just asked me to seat in the car while he talks with Jarrel and the other man, who by the way was still staring at me. One of the drivers took my stuff and walked me to the car. Once I was inside and had my space, I relaxed a bit. I was so overwhelmed right now and confused as well. Was I supposed to know all these people? Have I met them before? Have I met Killian before? I was mad at my dad again because he was supposed to be the one to tell me all this but he didn't. I am starting to give up all the expectations I have of him. I just looked out at the three-man talking and wondered how might have i reacted if I actually had my memories right now. Would I be as happy as Jarrel was to see me? How many other people do I know here?

I was busy with my own thoughts when the other side of the car door opened and Killian came in. He asked the driver to take us home and just looked at me before saying " You, Me, Jarel, Elissa, and Blake grew up together. we used to meet up for vacations like other normal families, at least till before your mom died and My parents were... whatever. " He didn't finish that sentence, instead he said " That's why Jarrel was too excited to see you, I am telling this to you because I need you to be prepared for Elisa. She knows about your memory but she can be a little overwhelming." I don't know why but that made me smile and when I looked up again Killian was staring at me Like he has seen something he has never seen before and that made me squirm in my seat. So I told him "Stop staring at me" He just cleared his throat and said something under his breath and faced away to look out of the window. I was too tired and excited at the same time to be worried about him. I was glad for all the information he gave me because it's helping me better prepare myself to meet everyone and not panic if someone randomly decides to hug me.

After that, the ride to his place was quiet and comfortable. We passed through the city into a secluded area covered in the forest before we pulled up to one of the most beautiful houses I have ever seen. It was actually a 4 story mansion, with a swimming pool and beautiful grey and white exterior. The ground floor seems like a covered parking space or something. Once the car came to a stop, Killian got out of the car without saying a word to me and walked staring at the entrance of the house, he did not wait or looked back for me. This just made me realize that no matter what past I had with King's it doesn't mean anything now. I am just going to be a stranger in between them.