III

The next morning I'm woken by a screeching alarm clock with absolutely no recollection of how I got back from the park. I rise up from my warm and inviting bed to find Paris asleep on an air mattress on the floor.

Stumbling over her, I make my way to the bathroom and wash up. I think about Wolfe and Skai while I brush my teeth.

Will they even say hey to me at school today? Or will we all go back to normal?

I remember last night and smile.

Well, Paris was right. It was definitely one Hell of a night.

________________

Walking the halls of Rocky River High School is nothing short of a nightmare. Most of the guys here are huge, and bulking. They like to rush through the crowds, knocking over poor defenseless kids like me. I guess some people have it worse. I mean, I'm skinny, but not Model skinny, just regular skinny.

Nothing to brag about.

That's me.

I think, Nothing to brag about. Ever since last night, I've found myself being unsatisfied with, well... with everything. It's like suddenly the books aren't good enough. I want more of that crazy life. I want more out of life in general.

"Amy!"

I hear a familiar voice call my name as I go to sit down in my seat. I really can't help but smile to myself. Only one person I know has a voice that deep.

"Hey Wolfe," I say before even turning around. "How are you?"

"Pretty hung over, actually. Same?"

"No. You guys drank a lot more than I did, I really only had a couples swigs."

"Oh. Hey, I didn't know you were in AP psychology. It's crazy we haven't already met since last night!"

Not really.

"Yeah, I don't really talk at school. I'm sort of shy, so socializing with strangers isn't my thing, really."

"Ha, cool. Then you should come not socialize with me in the back. It's where I like to sit."

I smile, and pick up my books. "Sure."

I take a seat next to Wolfe, and realize that nobody sits around him, which is odd, but whatever. A drawing in his notebook catches my eye. "Wow. That's good!"

"What this?"

He looks down at the self portrait. It's a cartoon version of his head, but where his eyes are there are two pools of darkness that spill music notes and ufo's down his cheeks.