Chapter 6: "Shadows and Masks"

At the Freedom Fighters' base, some people were kept in cells and individuals like Mephiles had to use Cancelling Collars. Starline was looking through the bars and saw a few familiar faces like Mimic, the prawn brothers, the deadly six, some old mechas and scrap ones, Infinite...?!

Starline: "Infinite?! How are you alive?!" As the dude turns around, reveals to be someone else but somewhat related.

???: "That idiot obsessed was my brother...My name is Sam."

Sam the Jackal

Sam the Jackal

Starline: "Alright...What's going on around here?" The jackal gives a tired look at him.

Sam: "They want a clean path to take all the possible power they can...Chaos Emeralds, Time Stones, Super Chaos Emeralds...you get the point." Looks to his cell mate "She was kicked off the control and placed here to rot." She came out of the darkness, revealing to be Sally herself, with a scar across her face.

Starline: "Then who's there?!" Looks genuinely terrified since she acted so damn similiar to how Sally used to in the documentaries, the acorn covered her face with her torn hood, ashamed.

Sally: "Alice...I though these "evil versions" had been instict from the Zones but looks like i was wrong...so mistakly wrong..." Sam pats her back, the prisonners by shared that regret, Starline saw a old bounty hunter by, he was very weak and thin with hunger, it was...Fang...?

Starline: "This is insane...who they think they're-?!" The environment became way more warm...too warm...The lion walks in surrounded by fire rings, the man caused fear to his cell neighbors as he looks down Sally with disgust and disdain.

Soralion: "I ain't surprised that they forgot you, heck, that SONIC of all people did!" Says it laughing a bit "After all...there's no need to look after dead people and your friend knows it." makes fun of Sam who was a little grieving over his brother's death "Anyway, i will only ask this one last time..." manifests a fireball on the palm of his hand. "Where's the fucking Chaos Emerald you was keeping?!"

Sally: "Not over my dead body i would tell you..." She got up and lands a slap across his face, pissing him off and punching across the metal wall.

Soralion: "So be it, you will be terminated along side Sniper, he won't survive longer anyway." Leaves as the temperature of the room came back to normal, Sally looks at them in sorrow.

Sally: "It's all my fault...i shouldn't had used the machine..." That made Zavok, Starline, Mephiles and some others confused and curious.

Starline: "...What have you done...?" She looked aside as she huddled against the cold wall.

Sally: "Some years ago, Metallix brought me a blueprint that he said it was to access afterlife and revive people...it may sound very idiotic of my part but...i really miss my family after the mechanization situation and lots of my teammates died trying to slow down Robotnik so i though "That's great!", at first i didn't believe him, how could i? Noone can come back to life so easily in a blink of a eye but...Fleetway, Enerjak, Master Emerald, Chaos and so on made me rethink of my mind so "why not?"...When i turned it on, Alice came out of the portal and knocked me down, being followed by these guys, i believe that whatever Metallix's plans is, It's going to change everything." Cries some as she held Antoine's jacket tightly. "And i am so sorry..." Sam pats her shoulders.