Chapter 7

At 5 o'clock my mother and Bela finally came home. I couldn't let them know about what happened and what Sutton told me. OH GOD! I forgot about the candles upstairs!!! I ran up the stairs at fast as I could and ran into my room. The candles sat there just as we left them, but no flame. That's weird. I don't remember blowing out the flame Maybe a breeze just put out the candle. Or maybe not. I walked over to my desk and noticed a note that wasn't there 20 minutes ago. So I picked up the piece of paper, and started reading.

~You're welcome for blowing out those candles. I was going to tip them over, but then I remembered that Bela's room was right next to yours. And I figured the flame would probably go into her room and destroy everything. And I couldn't let that happen to my new sister, could I?

Xoxo,

Emily

P.S. I'm going to give you 1 month to pack, say goodbye to all of your friends, and get out of here. But I can't decide what to do with you. There's 2 options.

Option 1- I'll disguise myself as a police officer and tell your family and friends that your body was found in the woods, and that you were attacked by an animal.

Option 2- I'll get rid of you, disguise myself as you, and your family will never know that your gone. They'll love me instead.

Hmmm decisions decisions.~

I couldn't believe what I just read. Was she really planning on how she would get rid of me? For an 8 year old, this little girl was smart. And I knew I couldn't trick her. And I knew there was probably no way of getting rid of her. I couldn't let Bela see this note. I sprinted downstairs and threw the piece of paper into the fire place. I sat there for 5 minutes, and nothing. The piece of paper had no damage to it.

"Honey, what are you doing?" I jumped as I heard my moms voice

"Uh nothing I'm just a little cold" I said to her.

"Ok dinner is in an hour" I heard my mom say walking Into the kitchen.

Then I heard Bela run up the stairs. Hopefully she wasn't left a little note also. I looked over at the fireplace, and the note was gone

"Finally" I said to myself quietly so nobody would hear.

I walked up to Bela's room and saw her taking off her Cleats.

"How was soccer?" I asked her

"It was fine" Bela said to me. "Well I'm going to take a nap. Night"

"Night. Remember, dinner is in an hour." I said shutting the door.

********************************

Went it was dinner time, mom said she forgot she had to go somewhere. She said that she had something planned for Bela's bday which was next week. So me and Bela were alone tonight.

"BELA DINNER IS READY!!"

I heard Bela come walking down the starts crying. She had a huge gash on her Forehead and blood was running down her face. Thank god mom had already left.

"Emily did it to me!" She said between sniffles

"That's it" I said to myself

Just as I was about to go upstairs, I heard Bela's room door open.

"Sam we need to go into the basement!!"

Without a tonight, we ran downstairs as fast as we could. We had a lot of boxes and storage down there. So me and Bela hid behind them.

"Sam, I'm scared" said my sister.

I hated seeing her like this. I have to admit, I was about to start crying I was so scared. As scared as I have ever been. But I needed to stay strong for Bela.

We heard the basement door open. As it did, I felt Bela jump.

"Shh it's ok Bela. Just be quite" I said trying to calm her.

"Ooohhh Bela! Where are you Bela?" Said a voice from upstairs

The only thing i was thinking about was how we couldn't let her find us. No matter what.