CHAPTER 6: PAIN

"Hahaha, you what? Tell her everything? What kind of information will you give? You being a victim or what?" I said it sarcastically.

"What? Do you want me to tell everything in front of them?" He said challenging me.

"Go tell them everything, tell them the side where you are the good person." I said with no emotion

"Fine, I will let everyone know what you did." He said

I simply smirked since I know that he will say some wonderful falsehoods. 

"Did you know what this person in front of you did to us? She just left the house with no trace and did not even thank us for taking care of her. And when Liana was born, she kidnapped her inside our house and ran away. She always told us that she would kill one of us if I didn't give her some money and put all our properties in her name." He said it angrily.

I just clapped my hands because of the great lies that he thought within that short period of time and until now I know that he is still thinking of the things that he will point at me.

"So... Where do I start?" I looked at him seriously.

"Oh I know now, did you remember when you treated me like a trash in your house? You never gave me food to eat so I only have the leftovers. You treated me as a maid, you wanted me to do all the things like cooking, cleaning, doing laundry and many more at that age. I just wanted to thank you for providing my needs in school but the way you always physically abused me even though I always did my best. When Lei and I received the same score you praised her but what did you do to me huh, you slap me and said so many harsh words for that one freaking mistake? Did you get it? ONE FREAKING MISTAKE." I said angrily

"Did you know why did I left that house huh? I was so soffucated in that four corner room. I never got the freedom that I wanted. I never got the chance to enjoy that moment in life. It was just too hard for me I was physically, mentally, emotionally tired everyday. AND TO CLARIFY I DID NOT LEFT THAT HOUSE ON MY OWN YOU PUSHED ME AWAY AND I LET YOU TO TAKE CONTROL OF ME BECAUSE I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, YOU EVEN THREATENED ME THAT YOU WILL KILL LEI IF I DON'T LEAVE THAT HOUSE."

He was left speechless so as Lei was but I continued because she has the right to know everything and I also need to clarify all the fake news that he spread.

"Yes I left that house but from time to time I came when you weren't home, I wanted to get a glimpse of Lei and to know whether she was safe on your hands. And yes, you were treating her like a princess. I know that she is your favorite, and you wanted her to bring that surname of yours big. Not until I discovered that you were going to have another child, and that was Liana, when you came to the house, I already knew that you would also treat her differently because you will only accept Lei as your only child. I was right because I heard some news on the neighborhood that you will give Liana to a random person. I searched for the identity of that person to see if they could give Liana a better life. BUT WHAT DID YOU DO? YOU SOLD HER TO A FREAKING RAPIST?! DID YOU REALIZE WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO HER AFTER HUH?! YES I WAS THE ONE WHO GOT LIANA WHEN YOU WERE GETTING THE MONEY. YES, IF YOUR WONDERING I WAS THE ONE THAT YOU SHOT IN THE SHOULDER." I added letting my full range emotion show.

"Yes, I endured all those things for her. I wanted to give her the life that I never got to experience. At first, it was very hard because what will a five-year-old kid know to take care of a baby? I learned how to change diapers on my own. I even got a job just to have money for our everyday lives. Even though it's hard, I did that on my own. Seeing her happy and taking every step was enough to make me complete. She became the reason why I continued living, even if it's unbearable anymore." I continued

"But after some time, WHAT DID YOU DO?  You start giving me death threats everyday, you wanted me to give you money? I thought you were rich, huh? But what you threatened me that you will kill Lei and Liana if I did not do what you wanted. So yes, I did give you the money. It was so hard because I am a working student and didn't get enough sleep for my day to function well. I lost track of my health because I wanted them to survive." I added remembering how hard it was for me to do everything.

"BUT AGAIN, WHAT DID YOU DO? I JUST GOT DELAYED FOR PAYING WHEN YOU TRY TO KILL ME INFRONT OF MY FRIEND. I WAS PROTECTING HER, BUT WHEN YOU PULLED THE TRIGGER, SHE QUICKLY SHIELD HERSELF TO SAVE ME. DO YOU KNOW HOW PAINFUL THAT IS? THAT PERSON JUST REDEEMED HERSELF AND NOT LONG AGO STARTED TO ENJOY HER LIFE, BUT BECAUSE OF ME SHE DIED." I said while guilt was eating me again.

"I -I am so-sorry, I didn't know" he said crying.

I don't want to hear any apologies from him because I know that sorry will not bring back Avina.

I left that room without emotion visible on my face. I drove to a place where I can think properly and control my emotions. I needed some time alone with the fresh air to help situation sink in.