EPILOGUE

Weeks passed, and some articles appeared saying that I purposely hit the car just to get revenge. At first, Alina didn't want  to see what it was. But then a lot of person started to call my phone and that's when I realized what is happening. They wanted to interview me, but I just released a statement of the truth and declined all interviews.

I know that even if I explained my side, not everyone would believe me. They will believe on their own superstitions. Some people are just too close minded to see the truth.

By that I realize how cruel the people in the world are— yes, the people themselves. They can't even respect us while mourning, all of them wanted to dig deeper just to prove that I purposely did it.

I just didn't mind everything, even if it hurts. Not everything should be worth fighting for, so I just decided to focus on myself. My day will never end without visiting where my family is.

But of course, everyday is not always that normal. There are still times when I cry myself to sleep and miss them. The hardest part of missing someone is that you cannot do anything to see and bond with them. I can still hope that they will be here beside me and living well.

I hope in an alternative universe we can continue our family journey for a longer time. I hope that we can still be together until everyone has their own family. I will always choose our family, no matter how hard it is. Our family may not be perfect, but that is what makes us. All our struggles still became worth it until the end.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Someone's POV

It's been four Years since Lakisha's family died. I know it's been really a tough journey for her, especially the first step, because she will always blame herself for everything. But we were all happy when she decided to live for them. She never misses a day to visit them and talk on how her day went.

She also started to spend time with us more often, and we're really glad to see those sweet smiles back. She really proved to us that she would make her family proud. Day by day, she took those little step to move forward with them in her heart.

We are witnesses to how Lakisha managed to get back on her feet and explore more.

The song Stay became really special for her. It represents her two sisters, whom she wishes to spend some time with. But even after what happened, we're all proud of her because, after some time, she can manage to talk about them without breaking down. They became her inspiration on everything that she do.

Right know, we are having some conversation with each other.

Lakisha's POV

"I'm really thankful for each of you, you never leave my side, even though I tried to push you away. You were their to help me realize many lessons. I do appreciate each of you." I said sincerely

I know that it really takes time for me to be in this state. I now realize a lot of things. I decided to move forward with them at every step. I know that they also want me to live my life to the fullest if they are alive.

I discovered the importance of moving forward, but it does not mean that you have to fully forget what happen. Instead, take that with you as a lesson and give you chance to be the better version of yourself.

I also learned how to treasure the moments that we have. We must really enjoy what we have in the present, be grateful, and cherish everything that you do. The times that we're together are not that long but the memories that we build will last longer than our lives. Every smile, laugh, and tears will be all worth it. We may not see it now, but trust me, when the time is right, it will all produce a great product. Time is surely gold.

I also accepted the fact that the accident was not my fault. We cannot predict or stop things from happening. Instead, we need to learn how to face them successfully. There may be bad days, but always remember that they will end. Just like how the darkness of the night will be ended by the beauty of the morning.

Just like the peaceful sky that is sometimes filled with clouds
There is beauty to be found.

THE END.