CHAPTER 10: HOW

Nothing hurts more when I heard those words. I got no time to mourn for my parents and Lei, then suddenly Liana also became someone I mourn.

"Hey, don't forget about me, huh? There is no more pain already, but why did you leave me? Why did all of you disappear?"

I can't imagine how my day will start without my loving sister. I just wish that I was still sleeping and this was only a dream, but no as soon as I try to open my eyes, cruel reality will always hit me.

"If i knew this would be the result of my actions, then i wouldn't let this happen no matter what. I hope I didn't say the truth. I hope I just accepted it. I wish I can be with you for a longer time. I wish you were happy and enjoying your life now. I wish we could still explore the whole world. If I didn't choose to fix us, they should be happy with their own lives already. It's okay with me as long as they're safe and happy. But I became too selfish to wanting to experience the love of a family. I'm sorry... I'm sorry please don't leave me. Please wake up, I'm already here, and I will never leave your side once again."

Today is the day that Liana will be buried . I didn't know how I managed to survive for three days after Liana died. I am fully aware that I'm not that vocal kind of person. I never got the chance to tell her how much I'm grateful for her. She became my reason to live, and I know that I can overcome everything just by having her beside me. But now, how will I do it? The only reason that I have to live is gone now. How will my life go on without her?

I never got the chance to reminisce about every memory we have until now. Our movie nights, our late night talks, our jamming everyday, and most especially when we were teasing each other. I didn't realize that I was smiling while my tears started to fall down my cheeks again.

I know that It's not that long since our family became complete again. But I just cannot accept the fact that it will last already. They become my foundation for that short period of time. All the things that we did together will always be iconic to me. Those were special moments that I will never forget.

I just don't know why this happened to me. Didn't I deserve atleast a piece of happiness that would last longer? What did I do wrong? Does everything that I do will always have a consequence that will help me lose all I have left? Am I a cursed person? Why do when I feel happy, there's always a bigger problem waiting for me? Do I even deserve to live? It's all my fault, right? If I hadn't become selfish for that love, all of them would still be alive.

"It's not your fault. I know that you're blaming yourself for everything. But please don't forget to take care of yourself. I'm sorry. I know that it's been really hard for you, but please remember that you can always rely on us. You are not alone in this battle. Liana sacrificed herself for you. She even covered you just for her to get hit, and she took all the force. So please do your best to stand up. Slowly, you will be back on your own.  Little by little, we are here, helping you." Mertel said as she suddenly sat beside me.

I really appreciate my friends; ever since what happened, they never left my side. I felt understood by her words. It hits directly at my mind. I know it will be a difficult journey, but I am Monroe, and I can successfully get back on my feet. Mom, Dad, Lei, and Liana I promise all of you that I will live on your behalf. I will continue the journey that we started together and finish it with all strength. Thank you for giving me the chance to feel your love, even for a short period of time. Those moments will forever be engraved in my mind.

With the determination in my mind to make them proud. I decided to face some of the visitors that we have and talk to them.

I was already a little comfortable in the environment not until I heard something.

" Do you think what happen to them is an accident? I think one of their daughters name Lakisha was mad to her family maybe she planned it all along? What do you think?" An old woman said

I think Sandra heard it too and she decided to talk to them.

"Can't you please respect us? We are all mourning because of what happen and please be careful of your words." Sandra said

After that she looked at my direction and I just nodded saying that it's okay, but deep inside I also started to question myself. But no I should not be affected on what they said because me, myself know that it's not true.