CHAPTER 4: DRINK

When I arrived at the hospital, I easily found Dr. Solace standing and waiting for me.

"Good Morning Dr. Solace, what is that thing that you needed to say" I said.

"Good Morning Lakisha, I heard a news article that says that some information about the group Manatili was leaked, that they were here in the hospital and spilling some of their schedule and you're the one that they are suspecting. So they want to have a talk with you." Dr. Solace said.

After hearing what Dr. Solace said, I knew that someone dragged me in this mess and I will be stuck in this trap for a long time.

From the news you can already tell that "that someone" wanted me to fall apart.

When Dr. Solace and I arrived at the room, the group Manatili with their parents and manager were there, sitting problematically.

The conversation started with the basic information that I needed to know.

"Some photos of the group were leaked and they manage to get the personal schedule of the group in this hospital that cause controversy in the public." The manager said.

"You are the only suspect that has a huge motive to do it because of the incident that happen last time that result you to be removed from the team that will handle the group." The manager continued

"To be honest I don't know were did you get that suspicion of yours, because I already accepted the fact that I'm not part of the team that will assist them. I only did enter this room once yesterday and it was just to fix my mess on the table and that's it, I did not interrupt their conversation or even try to listen on what they are talking about." I said.

"Look the group already trusted you to the point that they want you back in the team and now you're doing this. Please stop ruining them it's not funny." Mr. Monroe said with full seriousness.

"I already told you that I did not do it. Of course you won't believe me. Investigate all you want, and you won't find anything." I said

" Fine, if you won't admit it, we will surely know who is the one behind this and we will not let it slide." The manager said

A deafening silence with a tension occured in the room while I was thinking whether to say what I observed on Alice yesterday before going in the room.

"Ahm I bumped into Alice after I got out of the room yesterday and she was running for her life like she did something wrong. I looked back and observed where she came from, and to my suspicions, I went there. A few meters away, I saw a man observing the surroundings before going out to the room and walked normaly towards the exit. I went inside after and discovered that it was a dark and empty room." I said

" I am not telling this to put the blame on her but because I also want to help resolve this problem." I added

They were thinking whether they would believe me or not.

After a few minutes, someone enters the room and serves some drinks for them. I was a little nervous because that woman is unfamiliar to the point that I have never seen her in this hospital. After she put the drinks on the table, she went out politely.

I notice something in the drink and immediately shout.

"STOP DON'T DRINK IT, IF YOU DID PLEASE SPIT IT OUT" I said that shocked everyone

They rushed to put down their drinks and looked at me confusely.

"What's the problem? Why are you shouting?" Dr. Solace said

" I notice something in the drink, look it has a foggy or cloudy appearance and the ice is sinking those are some of the signs that your drink has been spiked." I said

"Drink spiking is when someone puts drugs or alcohol into your drink without you knowing. Some of the signs in appearance are foggy appearance, excessive bubbles, sinking ice, and change in color. " I added

"I notice that two of the characteristics were present in the drinks, although I'm not sure it is still better to not drink it. Remember prevention is better than cure. " I explained

They were all horrified because of what happen.

"We need to be careful from now on, especially now that someone tried to drug you. We also have a clue now that "that someone" was here in the hospital and know our next move. The woman that brought the drinks here is unfamiliar for me. We've been here for a reasonable time to recognize the personnel and staff that work here, and I've only seen her once, and that's today." I said

Dr. Solace request for some security for the group and also to find the one behind this. They also lessen their doubt on me because of what I did, but that doesn't mean that they will believe me in everything that I will say.

I understand that the group is not just a normal person who is here for a check up. Of course they were famous, and we are not unaware of the bashes or death threats that they recieve. It is a pleasure for us to have them as a patient, and as the person in charge, we are responsible for them.

Mertel, Alina, and Sandra arrived after the incident of drink spiking. We informed them about the situation and decided to take care of the group too.

After an hour of discussing the situation. A suspicious man opened the door, that set off my whole system, so I simply told my three friends to guard and hide the group without anyone noticing. I am the one in front, near the suspicious man. The man entered the room and look around like finding someone. He cannot see the girls (Cerine, Jamilla, Audrey, and Lei) because they were blocked by my friend, and they manage to go to the area where they cannot be seen, but they are also aware of the situation. 

The man took out a gun and pointed it at me.

"Where are they?" He asked angerly

"I don't know who you were looking for, and will you please put that down?" I replied.

"THE GROUP MANATILI, WHERE ARE THEY?!" He shouted again

" Who are they? I didn't know them." I said.

We argued for more than 5 minutes until I could not take it anymore and decided to make a swift move to get the gun and point it towards him. I didn't let him process what happened, and without him noticing I injected a sedative that will put him into a sleep.

I called some security to get the man.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Third person POV

I notice Lakisha started to fidget her fingers at her back when a gun was pointed at her, meaning she was scared or nervous. But she did not let the man noticed it.

I was fully aware that she knew some self-defense, but still I was amazed how she managed to get the gun quickly from the man and injected a sedative, taking the consciousness of the man away.

When everyone was worried about the important person in the room. My eyes did not drift away from Lakisha, I notice that she started to feel weak and suddenly sat on the floor, crumpling herself and covering her eyes. She also started mumbling some words when Mertel noticed her state.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to" Lakisha said repeatedly.

Even if we asked her a question we just recieve the same response.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to"