Chapter 3: Getting Memories

Hey everybody! I'm aware some of the timelines won't add up with the movies! Enjoy!

"You can what?!" Tony choked on his drink. "And you're just now mentioning this? You didn't think to mention you could give Yn her memories back?" Tony added, looking at Wanda.

Wanda tilted her head. "I said I could possible do so." She smirked. "Do you want my help or not Stark? If so, I wouldn't get lippy."

Tony Pursed his lips together. "Fine." He sighed. "Just...do your thing. Follow me to the med bay, Yn is there."

Wanda followed Tony to the Med Bay, where you sat on your bed, curiously watching the two come in. You had woken up a week ago, at first you tried to get away, but as Tony explained things the best he could, you began to trust him. As the others came to meet you, you began to trust them too.

Tony had explained that you and him used to know each other, but he didn't say how. He explained a few things about each Avenger and told you stories as he ran tests, always making sure you were comfortable.

"Yn, this is Wanda. She could possibly help get your memories back, okay?" Tony explained, his tone soft and soothing. Yn eyes darted to Wanda.

Upon seeing the age of the girl, Wanda softened her expression. She's just a kid, she thought to herself. "Tony, I thought you said Yn had disappeared when she was 10, 15 years ago. Wouldn't she be 25 right now? She looks no more than 15 years old." 

Tony was about to explain, what Yn had told him, but Yn cut him off. "I was trained and tortured for 5 years, then I went under the ice for 10 years, while the Winter Soldier was being fully developed..." You explained, dragging out each word, tasting the explanation. You had rehearsed it a million times in your head before being rescued, hoping one day, you be found.

Wanda tilted her head curiously, then nodded, approaching you. "Now Yn...This may hurt a bit...ok?" She squeezed your hand. "But it'll most likely give you your memories back."

Tony stood by the door frame, arms crossed, concerned painted onto his face. Wanda turned to Tony. "Are the others here?" 

Tony shook his head. "No. On a recon mission."

Wanda averted her attention back to you. "Do you think you're up for it?" She asked, not letting go of your hand.

You nod. "Yeah."

Wanda nods back, and her hands begin to glow red. She raises her left hand to your temple, inches from contact. "Okay, you can squeeze my hand as much as you want, ok?" She paused. "Ready?"

"I guess." 

Wanda presses two of her fingers to your temple. You instantly squeeze your eyes shut; gripping Wanda's hand tight. As the pressure in your head worsens, you stifle a groan. Finally, the pain has reached its peak, and you let out a yell. Tony flinches, ready to spring towards you, but you wave him off with your free hand. 

"Almost done, Sweetie." She reassures. You let out a shriek as memories begin to flash before your eyes, like a sped-up movie. As she removes her hand, you loosen your grip on her free hand, focusing on slowing your breathing.

"Yn...?" Tony cautiously calls.

"I-" before you can finish your sentence, your met with darkness once again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You wake up to the sound of irritated voices. "Now it's somehow my fault?!" You hear a women say. You recognize the voice of Wanda. 

"She passed out! We don't even know if she got her memories back!" You here Tony yell back. You rub your forehead focusing on a speck on the wall. Suddenly, you begin to remember...everything.

"My brother..." you mumbled as you begin to verbally recall your past life. "Stark. Yn Stark." You begin to feel a smile spread across your face. You remember. As you begin to enjoy the freedom, your smile turns into a frown. With your good memories, come the bad. You flinch as you remember your time at Hydra.

"I Helped you!!" Wanda's yelling yanked Yn from her thoughts. 

"Help?! You call that help?" Tony scoffed. "Thats rich!"

You slowly got out of bed, feeling the cold tile on your bare feet and peaked out the doorway. Tony began to yell something else before you cut him off. "T-tony?" You whispered timidly. 

"Yn? Oh, Yn come here. Did you get your mem..." He trails off, softly lowering his tone, holding back tears. You nod. Tony lets out a sigh of relief as he takes you into his arms. Tony looks to Wanda, over Yn's shoulder, and mouths "Thank you" Wanda nods, smiling then leaving.

Tony grabs you by the shoulders and looks at you. "Y-you I-" He stutters. "I'm sorry." He finally says.

You look at him. "For what? You saved me..."

He shook his head. "I'm sorry I didn't do it sooner. I'm you had to go through all of that because I-"

You interrupt him.  "No." You look at him and smiles warmly. "It's not your fault."

Tony nods, pulling you back into a hug. "I missed you, Junior." He says, playfully using the nickname he gave you when you were 7. You chuckle.

"Are you seriously ever going to stop calling me that? I'm 25! Or...I'm 15, since I wasn't even conscious 10 years of my life." You joke. 

Tony smiles weakly. "Yeah...Yn, if you ever need to talk about Hydra...I'm here." 

You smile back. "I know." You adjust your hair and rub your eyes. "Now that I have my memories, didn't you say you wanted to introduce me to the rest of the Avengers?"

Tony nodded. "..But Yn." Tony stopped. "I need to tell you something."

"Ok?"

"Uhm, well, one of the Avengers, used to be under Hydra's control, as well. The Winter Soldier..." Tony explains. You freeze. You feared that name. Hated that name.

"My partner." 

Tony nods. "He's back to himself now, okay? But I wanted to tell you, that a few years ago.... he-" Tony stop to correct himself. "The Winter Soldier, killed our parents..."

You let the words sink in, when suddenly you get a flash of a memory. From Hydra. 

"Soldier..." You hear Peirce say. "New Mission." You can hear the smirk in his tone.

The Winter Soldier doesn't say anything, just nods. Peirce laughs. "Retrieve the following..." He hands the Soldier a paper. "And kill Howard and Maria Stark.

Your pulled out of your thoughts by Tony. "Yn...? Say something?"

You looked down. "Look I know I should be hurt...but I know what it's like to be mind controlled by Hydra. It wasn't his fault, nor was it him." You state.

Tony sighs in relief. "Good because I had been bitter over it, but now am finally coming to...understand and forgive him. I don't know what I would have done if you hated him too."

You laugh. Just then, you hear the Quin jet land outside. "So, you've already met Steve, Rhodes, and Barton. So come meet the rest of the team." Tony Beams.

You nod, a small smile appearing on your face. 

It felt good to finally be yourself.