25

25 : season 2 episode 1Low-Flying Panic Attackpart 3

Low-Flying Panic Attack
part 3

"I want you on the mission with us." Andreas told me as we walked through the rainy yard.

"What?" I stopped walking, making him turn and face me.

"Like I said, you're an asset, Ava. Besides I can't think of a better way to see your abilities then to test you in the field." He began walking again, forcing me to jog to catch up.

"I don't-" I began with a nervous laugh.

"You're coming, end of." He interrupted me as we reached the armoured cars where the rest of the team stood.

"It's a simple escort mission. Pick up the prisoner in Solaria, bring him to Long Shore, where he'll board a ship for Polaris." Andreas quickly got into his leader role, pointing to different places on the map as I moved to stand beside Riven.  "The Solarian troops will do the heavy lifting. We're just back up."

"Will this be a problem for you? Seeing the man who raised you in chains?" Andreas leant against the front bumper of a car to talk to Sky.

I saw a slight glimmer of light from behind them then light foot indentations in the puddles leading into the garage with us.

Stella.

"You okay?" Riven leant down to whisper in my ear as I saw the light glimmer again, the faint outline of a fairy only just visible.

"Mhmm." I nodded, glaring roughly where Stella's head should be.

"Are you serious?" Sky's annoyed tone snapped my attention back to the father and son.

He scoffed before walking away.

"Let's talk vulnerabilities." Andreas turned to the rest of us.

"The most obvious one is that I'm not coming, but she is." Beatrix pointed at me.

"Aw, jealous because Riven likes me more?" I pouted making her stand up.

"Leave it." Andreas warned her.

"Dropping blondie makes sense, but I'm actually useful." She spoke through gritted teeth as she looked down at the map.

"Rosalind wants you here." He replied.

"That's stupid." She rolled her eyes.