Good girl

The bath water was lukewarm after sitting stagnate in the tub for the past hour getting staler by the minute. Susanna cringed when he poured the water over the crown of her head, she wrinkled her nose as it rolled down her spine. Albert held the cup over her head again, when she squirmed out of the way he grabbed her arm yanking her back in place.

"It's cold!"

"Yeah...well you haven't proven yourself worthy of hot water now, have you?"

Normally a comment as such would have elicited a snarky comment from Susanna, but instead there was none. Her lips were pressed firmly together.

She's learning—He thought.

Though watching the girl fade, and crumple down into herself didn't feel as satisfying as it should have. He couldn't decide if she was putting on a show every time she bowed her head into her lap, and wrapped herself up in her arms as she had been right now. However, when he looked into her eyes they were riddled with sadness. It was the kind of pain you couldn't fabricate—Not even Marlon Brando could fake that sort of thing. Some pain lingers. much like black ink it stains you.

Albert found it in himself to ignore her puppy dog eyes. Her brown eyes could make a man's heart melt, but Albert heart was so cold it was blacken and frost bitten; it would of take a blow torch to melt through that much ice.

Get a grip.

If he didn't pull himself together he'd never be able to keep up with her, because she was relentless.

"'If you didn't take so long to get into the bath, then maybe the water wouldn't be so cold."

The yellow sponge was swollen with soapy water. Her dragged up her back, and watched her shiver. He watched the skin on her arms prickle.

"Did ya ever think about that, hm?"

"It hasn't been more than forty-eight hours that you shoved...me... into your weird...secret... dungeon," Susanna glared up at him. "So I am sorry to you tell you, but you aren't exactly the most trustworthy guy in my book right now."

Albert smiled behind his mask. He wanted to laugh at the surplus amount gall she had, but he refrained from doing so.

"Did you...ever think about that?"

Susanna constantly tried to even the score, and just like that they were even again.

Albert scrubbed her scalp, and lathered her hair with soap. He guided her head back cupping his hand at her hair line, while he pour the cup of water over her head. The soapy water dripped down her silky hair. Susanna's eyes were shut tight, she was like a child who learned the hard way how badly soap burns the eyes. Susanna winced when the cold water hit her scalp. Any pleasure from her suffering was becoming less and less. Albert even felt bad when he pour the cold water over her head the second time around. He stroked his thumb along her cheek, and leaned in close as he whispered into her ear.

"Would you like me to add more hot water?"

Susanna remained in the same position with held her head back, and her upturned nose to the celling. She frantically wiped water, and god forbid soap from her eyes. Slowly she opened them, staring at the celling with a sour look on her face. Even when met with kindness, she couldn't find herself to be forgiving. Her attitude was right on cue.

"I'm not worth hot water, remember?"

When he heard her bratty tone he quickly forgot why he felt bad in the first place.

"Very good, you're learning."

Susanna sighed inwardly like a tired dog, but if you ask Albert she was far too young to be that tired. The spite in her eyes turned to melancholy, and resembled glossy amber marbles. She was more concerned with the wading water between her legs to muster up a response. Albert continued to rinsed the suds from her hair.