Chapter 9 (last chapter)

(narrator's point-of-view)

The whole time they are talking I don't make a sound and just listen to them talk, its quite interesting turns out the dad woke up with no memory at all and it took his son telling him all the things they used to do together, and I am not going to lie it's very heartwarming.

I make a chirping sound so they notice me, the dad looks at me with surprise at first then his expression softens, and he smiles at me, Nate seems to have forgotten about me, he jumps up and rushes towards me he scoops me up in his hands and takes me back to the couch he shows me to his dad and explains how he found me, his dad reaches out to pet me and I snuggle into his hand.

Nate seems to have remembered something because he sets me down on the couch next to him and turns back to his dad "If you didn't remember anything until now how did you get to my apartment?" "Oh, I actually don't know,

I was walking down the street when I spotted the old entrance door and it seemed extremely familiar to me so I walked towards it and when I started going up the stairs something told me to stop at the right floor then at the right door," his dad says and Nate tilts his head to the side.

 Huh, that's weird it's almost like something helped him... anyway, Nate looks at his dad I can read his expression though "I guess it was fate that reunited us"