A FALLEN BRANCH|07

"You said you weren't going to be hanging out with him."

"People say a lot of things Alex."

Alex elbows me in the shoulder, "Just don't break your heart, alright?" 

"I won't," I say and continue to look at Noah bully Evan, well not literally, but you know what I mean.

Alex shows me his phone, "What do you think about him," he asks.

"Not my type," I say. "Why?"

Alex elbows me off the bench, "Not for you idiot! I just want your opinion on him because...," Alex says and turns pink. "I-I like him alright."

Evan jumps off of Noah and runs over. "Who?!"

Alex hides his phone behind his back, "None of your business! I was showing Nick, not you!"

I look behind his back, more closely at the photo this time. How did I not realize it was Evan's older brother? God, I think I need glasses.

Evan's older brother is cool. He hangs around with us a lot when we're all at Evan's house. It makes sense that he's always much quieter when we're there now actually. His name is Timothy-

.

.

.

Okay, okay! I am joking. His actual name is Finn, alright?

He has a sharp ass jaw line, let me tell you and yes- I am extremely jealous. Unlike Evan he has longer black hair, usually tied up into a bun with a few strands loose, if it matters. He wears more punk clothes, which is exactly why he isn't my type. Don't get me wrong! Those people are really great to hangout with, I just wouldn't date them. Finn wears piercings along his ears and nose, that make him look hella hot, alright? I think that's really all you have to know.

"Evan," I say. "Who do you like? The rest of us already have someone in mind, so how about you?"

"You like someone too Nick," Noah asks.

"I do." 

Alex ruffles my hair, "Enough of that alri-"

"I like Alex."

Let me tell you, if I was drinking my coffee, I would've spit it out, right then and there.

"Really," I ask, feeling sort of bad for him.

"No, I was joking. You should've seen the looks on your faces," he laughs and pulls out his phone.

"I like her," he says and shows us a photo of a girl with short, brown, curly hair and nice brown eyes. "Her name is Josie, I've been talking to her online."

"Nice dude," I say. "You scored a good one, she seems nice and she is very beautiful too."

Evan punches my arm lightly, "Don't even think about stealing her from me," he jokes.

Me, Alex and Noah laugh way more than we should have at that.

"Evan," I say. "That was a horrible joke and let me tell you why."

I put my arm around him and whisper in his ear, "I am as gay as a rainbow."

"OHHH! Congrats dude!"

"Thanks Evan," I say and take his phone from him. "But I probably still could steal her if I wanted too-"

"Don't even think about it," Evan says and takes her phone back.

"She's mine."

I wish I could say that about Noah...

.

"Um Noah," Alexia says.

"I've liked you for a really long time now and..."

Noah scratches the back of his head awkwardly and I jump on him from behind.

"What's going on," I ask.

Noah ruffles my hair, "Just let her finish Nick."

"Can you please be my boyfriend," Alexia finally says.

"Thank you Alexia, but-"

"He's mine," I say and kiss him on the lips.

"Nick!"

.

"Nick!"

Sadly it was just a dream, a really good one though.

"What is going on in that head of yours," Noah asks.

"Nothing," I say and put my hands up.

"I mean it! Sorry about that, guys..."

God that was awkward...