A FALLEN BRANCH|21

"Noah, are you doing alright?"
It was a text, a text that I sent Noah two days ago.

.

.

.

He still hasn't responded to me yet.

He has been off this whole time, ever since that day at the park.

I can see he's been online, I mean he's literally online right now, and he's posted a story too. A story about him watching a movie at home with some of his little cousins.

It's cute.

I think they're watching 'Nemo'? Although I could be wrong; Noah isn't the best at taking photos.

I comment underneath it, "Cute, I hope they're having fun <3
I don't mention Noah, not to be awkward.

Noah has seen it, but he doesn't respond.
I think I've made him upset again.

You know what I am tired of not knowing why he's ignoring me, I am going to call him...
and if he doesn't respond I don't know what I am going to do.

'Ring... Ring'

"Hey," I called out.
No response.

'Ring... Ring,' It went again.

And then Noah finally answered.

"Hey Nick, what's up?"

"...Why have you been ignoring my texts?"
I know it was wrong to assume he was ignoring me, but it's not that I didn't have proof that he was ignoring me. 

"What text? I haven't gotten any texts from you."

"Your phone, 2 days ago, I texted you and it said you've seen it, but you wouldn't respond to me."

"I'll go check it."

.

.

.

"Oh, yeah I haven't seen this text, it must've been one of my cousins, sorry about that."

"Well..."

'Ding'
A notification went off on my phone.
It was a text from Noah, I guess he couldn't respond to me normally?
"I'm feeling alright, hbu?"

"Noah, really? I'm talking to you, right here."

"Eh, it was fun, and if I didn't text you now I probably would've done it again later. But how are you doing?"

"Better, but you made me worried you idiot."

"Worried? Why," Noah asked me, totally clueless about why I'd feel that way.

"...You've been acting off every since I told you about my relationship."

Noah facepalmed through the phone, "Oh God I am so sorry about that- I was just in a bad mood that day, I swear it really wasn't you!" He looked behind him, his cousins seemed to be spying on us. "I'm just going to head outside with you so they don't spy on us."

He went through the front door and sat on his front steps.

"Can I ask why you were in a bad mood," I asked him, concerned.

"Oh it's really nothing. My alarm couldn't wake me up so my cousins poured ice-cold water onto my head to wake me up. I was really grumpy for the rest of the day, so yeah it really wasn't you. I'm sorry if I made you feel that way-"

"-No it's fine, I should say sorry for assuming."

"Oh not again Nick... I should've known that's how you get; you're always so worried. Like on your seventh birthday-," Noah teased at the end. "-Don't even mention it."

"Okay, okay then! Anyway, want to come hang today? I know my cousins are over, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind."

"Sure, I'll be there."