A FALLEN BRANCH|20

"Ethan, let me go," I whined later that day, Ethan is now holding me hostage in his living room and he refuses to let me go. I mean I do love it, but I'm also really hungry, like really hungry.

"I'm hungry though," I whined again.

"Hmmm, I don't want to let you go though~," he said and continued to hold me. His stomach then began to rumble, and I could tell that he was hungry too. Soon he would let me go and I'd win...

Or at least that's what I thought anyways.

But that isn't really what happened at all.
Ethan didn't let me go.
Instead he put me onto his shoulders and he walked to the Kitchen.

"What would you like to eat~," Ethan asked me as we looked through the fridge together.

"I thought you were going to let me go," I sulked.

"Eh, I didn't want to just yet," he responded to me. "Do you want to eat?"

I looked deeper into the fridge, and then into the freezer, "Does ice cream count as food," I asked him. I really wanted the cookie dough ice cream that I saw there.

"No you can't just eat ice cream, and that's my favorite flavor~"

"Are you sure, because we could share-"

"No Nick you're going to eat real food."

"And ice cream after?"

"Maybe."

.

.

.

I didn't get ice cream that day.

So I am going to go get ice cream today with the first person who responded to my text.

Evan!

I said I'd pay, but that's only because I am now desperate for cookie dough ice cream.
So desperate that I literally had a dream about me having cookie dough ice cream.

"I'm surprised that you offered to pay for my ice cream," Evan said to me. 

I laughed, "At this point I wanted ice cream so bad, I didn't care if I had to pay for another person, as long as I didn't have to go alone and risk looking stupid."

Why would I look stupid?
Because you have to eat the ice cream in the parlor and every time I go alone people would be staring at me, and talking about me.
They literally weren't even secretive about it.

So that's why I brought the first person who answered me and we are going to get ice cream now.

Evan and I ran up to the counter and ordered our ice cream.
You already know what I got, but Evan got cookies and cream.

We waited a little bit longer, I paid, and we finally sat down to eat our ice cream.

I was in heaven right now.

Believe me when I tell you this is the best ice cream I've ever had in my whole entire life. This day couldn't get any better.

"You look like you're enjoying that way much more than usual," Evan said in surprise.

"I've had too many dreams about this moment Evan, you wouldn't believe it. This day is amazing, but you really didn't have to get so many toppings," I said, ending with a bit of a whine. 

I am not kidding you right now, Evan got a whole other cone just for his toppings, and a tear nearly came out of my eye when I saw it.

"I was hungry," Evan said and offered me some.

I took some more gummy bears, "Thank you I guess..."