Confessions

Stans POV:

*After school*

It was finally time for me to meet Wendy, and I was nervous. I couldn't stop worrying about what she was gonna say.

Was she gonna tell me she wanted to get back together? I'd have to say no, which would make me feel guilty. I do love Wendy, but just as a friend. And besides, I'm with Kyle and I couldn't be happier.

As I arrive at the gym, I see Wendy standing in the far corner. I could tell she was scared. She was visibly shaking and picking at her nails. I walked quickly towards her to see what was wrong.

"Wendy, are you ok?" I asked, feeling remorseful. She nodded her head. I could tell she'd been crying.

"Stan, this is really hard for me. I don't want this to ruin anything. I really want to be your friend, and I don't want you to take this the wrong way. I like you a lot. No, I love you a lot. But just as a friend. I think I always have, because.." she started shaking harder as warm tears ran down her cheeks.

"Wendy, it's ok. Just tell me what's wrong." I put both my hands lightly on her shoulders.

The more the silence between us grew, the harder it was to contain the impatientness I was feeling.

"STAN MARSH, I MISS BEING YOUR FRIEND MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD!" Her voice cracked as she screamed. I pulled my hands away from her and put them to my sides.

"The reason I broke up with you a year ago was because I was confused. I thought I loved you.  I thought my feelings for you were pure, romantic love, but they weren't. I felt happy around you. You made my days worth living. But I wasn't in love with you. I just needed a friend. I was to scared to admit that, so I just completely broke it off. I regret it everyday. I miss you, Stan. I miss you so much. You were my best friend."

She sank against the wall, and I copied her every move. "But that's not the only thing I was confused about."

I looked at her with a confused expression. What does she mean?

"Around the time we broke up, I met someone who actually made me feel love. Romantic love. The feelings I thought I had for you, I actually had.." she paused, sniffing and wiping tears from her eyes, "I had for her."

My jaw fell open when she said that. That one single word changed everything.

"Her..?" I asked.

"Yea, her. Bebe Stevens. She makes me feel like I'm on another planet. Being around her made me realize that I don't actually like men. I'm a lesbian. I'm a lesbian and I'm in love with Bebe fucking Stevens. I know she doesn't feel the same way about me, but I can't help but fall for those eyes." She started blushing.

I smiled at her, grabbed her hand, which in return made her look me in my eyes. "I accept you, Wendy."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Oh my goodness!" She yelped in excitement, jumping on top of me with a huge hug. I groaned as she landed on me, but I squeezed her as tight as I could without hurting her. "I'm so glad we can be friends again."

"Me too, Wendy," we both chuckled.

"One more thing," she finally stated after we finished laughing.

"I know about you and Kyle."

Authors notes:

Platonic stendy in a style fic >>>

Did you guys think that was what Wendy's secret would be? 🤭