Deep shit

Stans POV

I was still hanging out with Wendy, laughing up a storm at the bad movie we had been watching.

When it was finally over, I checked my phone for the first time since school had gotten out.

Kyle🧑🏻‍🦰🏳️‍🌈🫶: Can't wait for our date 🥰

Kyle🧑🏻‍🦰🏳️‍🌈🫶: I haven't gotten coffee yet, I'm waiting for you

Kyle🧑🏻‍🦰🏳️‍🌈🫶: Babe, where are you? School ended 30 minutes ago?

Kyle🧑🏻‍🦰🏳️‍🌈🫶: Stan, please answer me, I'm getting worried.

Kyle🧑🏻‍🦰🏳️‍🌈🫶: Never mind. I left. I'll see you tmr.

I read all the texts I had missed, quickly realized how much I had just fucked up. I had completely forgotten about my date with Kyle.

Wendy noticed something was wrong, and I explained everything to her.

"Oooh, you're in trouble," she mocked me.

I noticed he had sent me a voice-mail too, so I decided to listen, Wendy obviously butting in too.

"Hey Stan, it's me. I've been sitting in Tweak Bros for an hour waiting for you, and I'm starting to get worried. If you're not dead, please call me back. I don't care that you missed our date, I just... I wanna know if you're ok."

He was obviously lying about not caring. He did care. I'm a terrible boyfriend for missing something so important.

I instantly dialed his number. Wendy rubbed my back as I shook in fear.

"Hello?" he said once he picked up. I sighed in relief. I was happy he at least picked up.

"Kyle, I'm so sorry I missed our date. I... something really important came up, and I forgot to tell you." I lied. Wendy shook her head in disappointment.

"It's fine. I understand," is all Kyle said back. I could hear the sadness in his voice.

"No, no, it isn't. I'm so sorry, my love. I promise I'll make it up to you. How about we go out tomorrow night?" I ask, praying he'll say yes to me.

"Ok, sounds great," he answers after a moment of silence. "I'll see you tomorrow, I love you."

"I love you too." I hung up the phone and set it on the coffee table.

"You're actually so fucking stupid, Marsh," Wendy slaps her forehead and groans in annoyance.

"I know," I laugh. "At least he didn't break up with me."

Wendy looks down nervously, I could tell she was thinking hard about something.

"Everything ok?" I ask.

"Yea, it's just.. I kinda need your help with something," she finally spoke.

"I need you to help Bebe fall in love with me."