27.5

We all know what the .5 chapter means, right?

Noah's hand is still on my thigh when we pull up to his parents house. The driveway already has two cars squeezed onto it so he parks next to a streetlamp not too far away. All the windows are closed, lights are off, and there's not a sound on the street bar our footsteps as we walk towards the front door.

"Don't look so scared," he laughs. "They're still at the restaurant." 

I look at a watch I'm not wearing. 

He's watching me, grinning, as I wait for him to open the front door. 

"Do you always bring girls home while your parents are at work?" 

"Wouldn't you like to know?" 

Back to being cocky and confident. No stutter in his words, no guilt laced through each syllable, just hungry eyes and a slanted smile that tells me he wanted me in the house several minutes ago. 

I follow him through the door and across the living room. He doesn't turn on a light and I don't need one - a soft light illuminates the carpet from the doorway ahead of us. We step into a dining room where a cat lies stretched out across the table, black and angry looking. 

"He's got the same angry eyes as you," I tell Noah.

The cat stares at us. 

Within a second I'm pulled between a strong pair of arms, my back to Noah's chest. He's breathing in at the top of my head as I continue staring back into those dark eyes. 

"My dads stray," he hums. "Bites." 

"His name is Bites?" 

Noah's head tilts down to my own. He pushes my hair away with one finger and kisses behind my ear. Bites stretches a leg out towards us, looking away as if bored. My earlobe in Noah's mouth, my neck twisting to let it happen. 

"Yeah," he responds finally, long after the question has left my head. "But he doesn't bite as hard as I do." 

Blistering pain. No - not pain. Teeth. Pushed into my neck, making me stumble back until Noah's body hits a wall behind us. My fingernails digging into his arm as one of his hands threads through my hair and bares my neck even more towards him. 

A shot of pleasure travels the length of my body. I can barely keep my own legs straight but find I don't need to when the hand in my hair tightens into a fist. 

"Okay?" His words are a mumble but I catch them anyway. Still against my throat. 

No sound will leave my mouth. I open it and close it again but that fact doesn't change. His hand loosens and my body sags against his, lining it like fabric. 

His words are clearer when he asks again but his breathing is uneven. "Is this okay?" 

I spin in his arms and press our lips together. 

"I didn't bring my pajamas." 

"I'm throwing myself at you and you're thinking about what you'll wear to bed?" 

"What if your dad walks in and see's my..." I look down at my breasts. 

"Your what?" Another smirk. I roll my eyes at him exaggeratedly. He tucks a loose piece of hair behind my ear and places a kiss on the apple of my cheek - which I assume is as hot and pink as it usually is under his eyes. "I'm twenty four; my parents knock." 

"So you do bring girls back here all the time, Laurier." 

"I'm Laurier now?" 

"Are you avoiding the question?"