Chapter Thirty Eight

Waking up to Noah's ringtone gives me deja vu. 

Maybe it would be better if it were the fire alarm or some sort of purge warning. I'm sure a global crisis would fix our living situation in no time - Matt and I would have to work together to overcome whatever had changed the world and he'd see that Noah and I being an item isn't entirely a terrible thing. 

It would hopefully also make him forget that Noah bent me over the couch. 

I groan and flip into the pillow. 

Did I seriously say the phrase 'finger myself' in front of my brother last night? 

The ringing suddenly stops. 

"Hello?" Noah's voice is lethally gruff, charred with sleep. The room flashes with light and is encased in darkness again. "It's not even five in the morning. Why would I be working?" I don't hear the other person respond but Noah's replies continue to be curt and borderline rude. "Where? Do you need me to pick it up then? No. Have it towed. Because-" he huffs. "I said so." 

I turn to him in hopes that I get a sense of the other side of the conversation but I can barely see his outline in the dim room. He encases my hand with his own when I put it on his chest. 

"Did it go all the way through? What do you mean, how would I know? Either there's an exit hole or there isn't. Whatever, I'll work it out. No, I'll weld it shut and sand it - just drop it off after hours, alright? Yeah. Bye." 

I shuffle closer to him, pulling the blanket over his shoulders and then my own.

"Who was that?" 

"One of Damien's lackeys," he responds quietly, voice unbelievably softer, in stark contract with his attitude on the phone. "They bring their cars to me." 

"To the garage?" 

"No, to me personally," he sighs. "I fix them up at the garage. Damien won't let anyone else touch them." 

"That's..." odd. "Flattering?" 

"Something like that, love," he laughs softly. "It was part of our separation agreement." 

"You guys were married?" I tease. "Is Damien the ex girlfriend?" 

My hand, travelling up his neck, is playfully pushed away. We fumble around for a few seconds before I climb on top of him, still clothed in shorts and a tank top. We decided clothes were probably best whilst Matt knows we're both in here together, safer for him and for us. 

"Are you bisexual?" 

"You're unbelievable," he says. 

"In a good way?" 

I'm flipped onto my back, Noah's body covering my own instantly. His bed croaks under the sudden movement but the sound is swallowed by our lips meeting. 

"In the best way." 

His hair is soft when I thread my hands through it, curling around my fingers as if to keep them in place. 

"So what was your separation agreement?" 

He murmurs, "shouldn't this wait until morning? It's still dark outside." 

"Ooh, avoiding the topic can't be good," I smile. I feel the upturn of his lips against my mouth. "I can feel your hard on against my leg, by the way. You're not subtle." 

"Yeah?" He rasps. "You wanna feel it somewhere else?" 

Holding himself up with his arms, he pulls his body up mine. My legs wrap around his waist automatically, tilting upwards when he presses himself between my legs.