32.5

I quickly shower the working day off my skin and touch up my makeup. 

Still with a towel wrapped around my body, I tiptoe downstairs and start rifling through my bags. I know I have something sexy in here somewhere - underwear that matches would do. Maybe just something without a rip in it.

I'm sure I had a sexy two piece back in uni; something that pushed everything in and up. I reach into another bag that I am yet to unpack since I moved in here and begin pulling out various summer clothing pieces. 

Something black and stringy catches my eye. 

There she is. 

Oh, and there are some long socks from my rugby days too. They'll work nicely. 

The two piece is small, definitely smaller than I remember it. I hold it up in front of my eyes, watching the little strings that tie across my body dangle. Yes, I've certainly gone up a size or two... 

Hm. Trying it on can't hurt. 

Once I've managed to tie myself into it I spin slowly in the bathroom mirror, checking where possible skin might spill over. Hips, arms, stomach. I think of Noah's soft kisses down my body and over every inch of my skin as I twist once more in the mirror. It'll do. At least it isn't ripped. (Yet.) 

Twenty minutes pass. 

I huff around Noah's room and peek through the curtains intermittently. Ten minutes, my ass. He's been gone at least thirty. 

To Skye's house. Who does Matt think he is? 

I'm beginning to think he's actually losing his mind. I hate her, I want her, I'm done with her, I need to see her - make up your fucking mind. At this point I'm just as confused as she is; no wonder she can't let him go. 

Another couple of minutes. I huff and flop onto the bed, grabbing the TV remote from Noah's nightstand. 

I'm still flicking through my options when I hear the front door open. I still on the bed. Matt could be with him, he could've easily changed his mind and decided not to fuck Skye tonight. And I'd be here in Noah's bed wearing lingerie. 

Well, that's certainly one way to tell him: haha, funny story. I'm in love with your best friend. 

Holy shit.

I violently sit up on the bed. My eyes widen. My mouth dries instantly. 

I'm - am I? 

Oh my God, am I? 

The door clicks open. 

Noah pauses in the doorway, a bag of takeout food in each hand and Matt's credit card between his teeth. He spits the card onto the floor at his feet. 

"Holy shit." 

I follow his eyes down. The lingerie I squeezed myself into stares back at me. The black fabric looks sheer under this light and my nipples are showing through the fabric, pointed already. 

Noah leans against the door frame, eyes still flickering over my body. I see the swallow of his throat as I lean back against the headboard. Eyes still on my body. I'm not sure he's actually looked at my face yet. 

They even follow as I run my thumb up my knee high sock, up my thigh, and then dip under the seam of my underwear. 

His voice is coarse. "Stand up." 

"Bossy," I mutter, but do as I'm told. 

I can hear his deep breath from here. The bed is all that stands between us, and he's still holding that damn takeout food. Holding it tight, white knuckled.