Chapter 1: Fateful Encounter

The leaves are rustling. The car engines are revving. The crowd of people laughing and talking. The city is extremely noisy. For Shin, this was a sign of peace.

*It's not bad. It makes the city feel more alive.* He thought.

Merchandise of the idol, B-Komachi's Ai, fills every store that Shin can see.

As if the apocalypse was upon humanity, Shin enters every store and leaves with a new paper bag. What's inside couldn't be any more obvious.

*Got it, every new Ai merch that came out this week...* Shin looks into the bags, smiling at the contents.

The once lifeless and murderous eyes of Shin, now replaced with a brighter pair of jewels that shine a sophisticated white hue. The broken blade that was once an empty husk that only knew bloodshed, now slowly being repaired by a master blacksmith whose strikes pierce the hearts and mend even the most broken of swords.

Shin takes his phone out of his pocket, protected by a phone case with Ai on the back.

*Two more days until the next handshake event. I need to finish my college work before I attend. It wouldn't feel good otherwise.*

Shin lets out a loud sigh, fidgeting while waiting for the traffic light to turn red.

The light turns red, and the cars come to a halt. Just as Shin was about to cross the road, a man with a bag in his clutches bumped into Shin.

"H-Help! My.. My bag... Dammit, the USB's in there...!!" A woman's cry for help rings in Shin's ears, and memories of the past come rushing back into his head. Through instinct, Shin grabs the back of the thief's head and pulls him back.

"S-Shit! Let go, bastard!" The thief exclaims as he pulls out a knife from his back pocket. As quickly as the thief pulls the weapon out, Shin immediately disarms and puts him in a tight arm lock.

"Yeah, no." Shin's bright eyes, at this moment, were stained with a murky black color. Shin grabs the bag from the thief's clutches, and the police come rushing to the scene to take the thief away.

"Huff... Huff... T-Thank you, kid!" The beautiful woman runs up to Shin and bows after reclaiming her bag.

"It's no problem, ma'am. Please stay safe. The city is peaceful, but you never know when people like that thief will appear." Shin bows and proceeds to cross the road once more, only to be stopped by the traffic light's change to green.

"Ah..." Shin sighs, his head held low.

"The sale at the Ginza... Ends in fifteen minutes... Too bad, I guess..." Shin's thoughts leak out.

The woman, assisted by Shin, stands beside him, curious about his current situation.

"Excuse me, were you in a hurry for something? I'm sorry, if you hadn't stopped to help me get my bag back, you wouldn't have missed it..." The woman bows again, her face a pensive frown.

"Don't be sorry, ma'am. It's all good. As long as you got your bag back, that's more than enough to make up for my being late." Shin smiles slightly, taking his phone out to check the time.

"Ah, hold on!" The woman calls out to Shin, who is about to walk the other way.

"If it's about the B-Komachi Ginza sale, I should be able to help you out!"

Shin's eyes widen. He stops and turns back to the woman in curiosity.

"Really? If you could, I would be glad if you helped me out."

The woman smiles and gestures for Shin to follow her.

"This way!"

Shin walks behind the woman, following her direction.