Chapter 16.1: Shion Kisaki

"... So.... What am I supposed to be looking at...?"

Shin stares at what looks to be some pod containing a suspiciously-revealing dress.

.

Edison coughs before beginning her explanation.

"Cough, cough... That's a... Mpfh... Wait, I need to vomit..."

...

Scratch that; she is unable to begin her explanation.

Nancy Thomas Alva Edison. Also known as 'Jellyfish' by Newton and the rest of the Quantum Imaginary research team. She is one of the two head scientists of Null stationed in Japan alongside Newton. She prefers to be called by her last name, Edison.

Despite her above-average height and mature-looking demeanor, she acts more like a child than Newton and, surprisingly, younger than Newton.

.

.

.

"What this Jellyfish meant to say was that, ahem... This is a specialized dress woven with soulium nanofabric. The entire dress can be quickly adjusted and controlled on the fly with a few commands on this bracelet right here."

Newton reveals a cute bracelet with a ribbon on it.

.

"It also comes with a built-in wavelength voice modifier and wig synthesizer. It's perfect for switching disguises on the run. Even the wig material is soulium nanofabric, though it was modified by Verdumb to act smoother and more 'hair-like' since soulium is usually a rigid material."

...

Shin and the group's jaws drop down slightly.

"Cough... Don't mind her. She's very, cough... shy about Verden at times. Cough, cough...! She usually calls him- cough..! Verdumb when she's... cough... hungry for his attentio- Cough!!" Edison implies; her coughs show no signs of ceasing.

...

....

Ai and the twins look at Edison with extreme concern, Shin still staring at the dress behind the glass.

"M-Miss Edison, are you really alright...?"

"Miss Edison, you should get some rest. Miss Newton can show us around alone."

"Auntie Nancy should get some rest! She won't stay pretty if she doesn't!"

...

"Auntie- Kuh-!!"

Edison drops to the ground, her heart stabbed by Ruby's knife-like cuteness.

...

"Jellyfish doesn't have any close relatives, so that 'Auntie Nancy' of yours completely shut her down; physically, mentally, and emotionally. I applaud your powerful words, Ruby."

Newton gives Ruby a round of applause before returning to the original topic at hand.

.

"Now then, Kujike. The dress is ready for personal testing. It is of utmost importance that we test it immediately before you return to the surface to prepare."

Shin's face begins to sour up. The misery of crossdressing is about to befall him once more.

"Sigh.... I understand, professor."

...

....

.....

A few minutes later, Shin emerges from the changing room.