Chapter 15.5: Alice and the Jellyfish

"...-kun!"

...

.

.

...

"...ster Shin!"

...

"... to wake...... just..... stress from... with........."

.

.

.

.

.

Everything was blurry. As if waking up from a fever dream, Shin screams and quickly gets up, only to hit Ai's chin.

...

"Oof--!!!"

.

"A-Ai-san!! I'm so sorry-...!"

.

.

.

Without warning, Ai quickly launches a hug attack on Shin. The mother general is soon followed by two starry-eyed gremlins.

...

"Guh-!"

.

.

.

Ai and the twins bring Shin into a tight group hug, the three Hoshinos almost in tears.

...

....

"G-Guys, I'm fine...."

.

The twins let go, wiping their teary eyes.

Ai doesn't let go. She carries on the embrace, her arms wrapped tightly around Shin.

...

"Ai-san... I'm fine, one hundred percent. I'm not hurt. You don't have to worry..."

"Stark-san brought you over here unconscious... How could I not worry...?! You wouldn't wake up even when I tried splashing your face with hot water?!"

Ai rolls her hand into a fist and punches Shin on the shoulder.

...

....

"A-Ai-san, what did you say you just did...?"

...

"Uhm... I-I splashed your face with hot water...?"

Ai responds hesitantly, her stuttering clear as day and her nervousness out in the open.

.

.

.

"Ehe....?"

....

.....

Shin smiles, accompanied by a sigh of relief.

"Thank you for your concern, Ai-san... Thank you..."

...

Ai smiles back, her eyes radiating a calm, gentle glow, contrary to the usual bright shine.

.

"Mr. Shin! Can you, like, tell us what you saw?"

"I'm also curious, Mr. Shin."

The twins look eagerly at Shin, awaiting his answer and perhaps his experience.