Chapter 21-B: Sorta Like A Chick Magnet

...

"This ring is only 850k Yen... Are you sure this is enough for Ai-san?" Shin asked, staring at the ring in uncertainty.

"Dude, expensive doesn't always mean better. Chill out with the prices! That pendant you bought for Ai-chan? She isn't wearing it! Why? Because she's scared she might ruin it!" Mika elbows Shin's side, making him groan.

"Ugh... Okay, okay... I guess I'll take this..."

...

The group exits the jewelry store and back into the large mall filled with people. There are at least five or six more shops the group has not checked yet. Shin scans the entire second floor, looking for another shop that might help in purchasing Ai a gift. 

"Huh? Aren't we done here, kid? Don't tell me you want to buy even more stuff?" Medea sighed, holding her head down as she massaged her tired thighs.

"Want me to massage them for you, Medea-chan- Oof!" Shifty receives a kick to the groin. He falls to his knees as Medea continues to rub her legs.

"Still don't know why I married you, I won't lie." 

...

"Uh... I'll head into that boutique for a while... Good luck, you four..." Shin said as he waved to the three ladies and one pitiful man.

Mika gets up from her chair and quickly catches up to Shin. "Don't you leave me with these three, Kuji-kun! I'm coming with!" 

...

....

.....

Shin examines the small clothing store but immediately walks out. 

"Huh? Kuji-kun? Why'd you leave? Nothing good?" Mika wondered. She enters the shop and quickly realizes the reason for Shin's leaving.

"Oho~? So that's how it is~! Come back here, Kuji-kun! I ain't letting ya chicken out!" 

Mika runs to Shin and grabs his arm, forcefully pulling him back into the shop. Shin doesn't resist, but he keeps his eyes closed for the entire time he is in the shop. 

"Nope, never. I'm a pussy. There, I admitted it. Let me leave. Please?!?!" Shin begins to panic, shaking his hands around. 

"What's so bad about a lingerie store? You're gonna have to get used to it, anyway! Ai-chan wouldn't want a husband who can't pick out a proper gift, wouldn't she~?"

"She probably still would. She's an angel, after all."

"That was a rhetorical question. Shut up, Kuji-kun."

"...."

Shin opens his eyes, revealing a far-too-lewd scenery of women's underwear.

"I thought it was a regular boutique, I swear to God..." Shin whined.

"Well, it's not! Now then, time to pick out some good stuff~!"

"No good stuff! I swear, Kagami, don't bring me into this!"

...

"Ugh! Stop being such a pussy, dammit! You're getting on my nerves! Alright, training time!" Mika grabs a set of black lingerie. It was laced and slightly see-through due to the gaps between the laces. It's pure black color makes it feel like an obscene pair of undergarments.

"Now... Imagine Ai-chan in these~!" Mika brings the lingerie closer to Shin's face, his entire body flinching.

"I- Wha- No- Stop- Ugh-!" An image of Ai in black lingerie inadvertently pops into Shin's head. 

.

It made Ai look 'naughty.'

....

Shin's face turns a bright red right before he collapses, hitting the ground face-first. Blood runs from his nose, creating a crimson-red river flowing on the ground.

"Oof." Shin unenthusiastically groans in pain.

...

"If you can't even survive an imagination of Ai-chan in underwear, how the heck are you even gonna get in bed with her?" Mika inquired, scratching her head as she face-palms.

"I never planned to. If I marry Ai-san, it's only for the cuddles. Get over it, Kagami."

"YOU get over it! What's the point of marriage if ya don't make kids?!"

"For one, there's the need for mental and emotional support. There's also-" Shin is suddenly cut off as a girl bumps into his back.

...

"Ah, sorry. I was in the way." Shin apologized.

The girl's bright-red hair catches both Mika and Shin's attention, their eyes glued to its beauty.

"Woah... I've never seen red hair here in Japan..."

"It really is a rarity, huh?"

...

"It's okay. I wasn't looking ahead." The girl replied. She faces her head upwards, her eyes devoid of emotion making contact with Shin's. She smiles, but a menacing feeling emits from her expression.

"Your girlfriend is lucky~ Such a handsome guy like you as her boyfriend~" The girl's eyes pierce through Shin's heart, an even more threatening aura drowning his entire being.

...

"Buh-?! Sorry, but I'm not his girlfriend! Actually, he doesn't have one... Yet!" Mika responds, unable to detect the malice from the girl's gaze.

"Oh, that's nice to hear~"

...

The girl with red hair walks away, leaving Shin in a state of anxiety and Mika in confusion.

...

"Wooh, that lady was pretty. And you, Kuji-kun, are one hell of a chick magnet! Well, sorta like a chick magnet. If you try and hit on another girl that isn't Ai-chan, I'm telling her and slitting your throat, got it?!" Mika declared, hitting the tip of her metal foot on the ground.

"Did you seriously not notice...?" Shin questioned.

"Huh? Notice what?"

"Her killing intent, idiot. It was her that we felt a while ago. That sense of danger. Seriously? And you call yourself an assassin?"

...

"Huh... Really... Well, whatever! Let's go check how Mr. Shifty's doing! I wonder if he's still alive, though..."

The sibling duo departs from the store, having bought nothing.

A foreboding air follows them, unrelenting and ruthless. What is this extremely terrifying sensation that Shin is feeling? Will everything really be alright? Whatever it is, Shin is ready.

He and the cane he now wields are fully-prepared for the worst,  but will Mika and the Hoshino family be fine?

...

..

.

.

.

Chapter 21-B: END

Short notice: From now on, the split chapters will be the regular length of each part! However, 2000-word chapters WILL be released from time-to-time! I hope that's okay!

-The I-Don't-Understand-Quantum - Physics-But-It's-Cool-So-I'll-Study-It-For-Ai Author, Kira Ikuyo