Chapter 9: Truth [Kiss]

1 Day Later

...

....

.....

"He's..... But from... results of the........... Shin............ Fine."

*Ah... Ahh.... What happened.....? Right..... I went berserk..... Ai-san..... Ai-san....... I hope she's okay.... No.... They saw... They know... I'm just... I'm just...*

Tears drop from Shin's eyes down to his ears, eyes still closed and teeth clenched.

*They know...*

*I'm just a monster.*

.

.

.

"Shin-kun......... He's crying again..."

A gentle finger wipes the tears from Shin's face, a feeling of peace washing over him as he starts to relax.

"Mama. Is this okay...? You..... We saw what he did."

"And why do you think he did that, Aqua?"

"I... Because..."

"Because of us! Mr. Shin was just trying to help Mama!"

"But he... He didn't have to-"

Among the loud voices, a sudden whisper in Ruby's voice reaches Shin's ears.

"You would have done the same thing; I know it."

.

.

"Ugh-!"

A sound that seems to be Aqua storming out of the room begins to subside as the room grows silent.

"Ruby, can you go with Aqua...? I want to be with Shin-kun alone for a bit."

"Sure thing! Uhm... I love you, Mama... And... I love Mr. Shin too."

"I love you too... You, Aqua... And.... And Shin-kun as well..."

Footsteps hurry out, chasing after the previous set of loud stomps.

The gentle hand returns, stroking Shin's forehead as it moves his bangs away from his eyes.

...

....

"Thank you, Shin-kun. If you weren't there... Maybe I wouldn't have made it... You, Mr. Shifty, and Mikarin... Ahaha, well actually, there was a time when I overheard you and Mr. Shifty talking... He wanted to put a wiretap on you, right? Phew~ If you said no, then I wouldn't be alive right now!"

The gentle hand reaches for Shin's, caressing it with a motherly touch.

...

....

.....

"Shin-kun... Please... Wake up... I'm not angry... And I'm not afraid either. There's absolutely no way... That I'll be scared of my hero."