The Beginning of the End

Loki and Lyra were two peas in pod growing up

Loki and Lyra were two peas in pod growing up. Where one was the other was right behind. While Lyra was a fierce fighter she also learned magic from Loki. It was their secret language with each other.

Overtime their friendship transformed from innocent touches and longing stares to stolen kisses behind the feast hall to sneaking into the garden at night to star gaze.

Loki and Lyra were destined for greatness. Their love was talked about in folktales on Midgard.

Their souls forever intertwined.

Until a dark secret was revealed to Loki.

He was a monster. And who could ever love a monster?

Loki has pushed Lyra away despite her pleading with him. She loved Loki even if he were a frost giant. She didn't care. She only saw Loki.

But Loki couldn't see past the monster he was supposed to be. Instead he tried to wage a war against the frost giants.

As Lyra watched Thor destroy the bi-frost she hoped Loki would give up. But then again Loki was never one to admit defeat. It wasn't until she saw Loki barley holding on while he and Thor dangled on the ruin of the bridge did she rush to his side.

Lyra watched in horror as Loki willingly let go of Thor's hands. Her screams could be heard all the way to the palace.

Her screams would be the last thing Loki heard as he fell into the abyss that is space.

Lyra had mourned Loki's death. She refused to attend training. She only ate when Frigga brought her food. Frigga was the only one besides herself that cared for Loki. That saw Loki for who he really was.

But then Loki appeared on Midgard ready to take over the world. Thor and Lyra were sent by Odin to put a stop to Loki's antics.

Lyra was furious but also relieved that he was alive. No matter what she would always love him.

When Loki was sentenced to spend the remainder of his life in the cells on Asgard, Lyra was the one to visit him.

But of course Thor needed to avenge Frigga's death and to do that he needed Loki's help getting off of Asgard.

Against her better judgment Lyra joined Loki and Thor. And once again she had to watch Loki die. Except this time she wasn't so easily fooled the way Thor was.

Lyra returned to the spot where Loki died and what did she find?

Loki.

"I knew it." She whispered.

Loki turned around with a smirk on his face, "come on, what did you expect?"

Lyra rolled her eyes, walked right up to him and smacked him hard across the face.

Loki scoffed as he rubbed his cheek the sting of the slap still lingering.

"What are you doing here, Lyra?"