1.1 : Cale's Acting Odd

Simon waited for Cale on the small couch in Cale's room, wondering what in the world could have happened to him. They were doing great yesterday. Did Cale drink more once he got back from the pub last night? There were a few questions that Simon had, but he guessed Cale would get better later.

It's not like Cale would forget him.

They love each other.

Squinting at the ground, Simon felt his gut drop. Ron walked back in, noticing Simon's depressed look but rationally ignored it as he put on his business smile, "Young Master, I've got your water."

The sound of water moving made Simon snap out of his daze. He looked up to see Cale walking out with a light grey robe. "Yeah, thanks," Cale took the cup of tea as effortlessly as before.

Even after Simon and Cale became friends, they weren't angels. They were still people with attitudes, loudmouths, cocky, blunt, you name it. So this action didn't faze either Ron or Simon.

Ron smiled, bowing shortly to both Young Masters before leaving the room, "I'll leave you to it, Young Master Cale, Young Master Simon." Cale made a mental note of the other man's name.

Cale walked over to the lounge portion of his room, pausing to look between the couch where Simon was and the chair across. Cale really didn't want to sit with an unfamiliar person at the moment, but if he had to, he would.

Smartly, Cale decided to sit next to Simon. Smiling, Simon hummed, briefly running his hand through Cale's hair before chuckling at the wetness, "Let me grab a towel. I'll dry it."

Simon got up, leaving Cale to his thoughts for a few moments.

"Guess that's problem No. 1. I'm in a novel as a villain... The ones close to me may act nice but there's too many violent people around here. At the very least, I'll need to get powerful enough to keep myself safe from harm..." Cale sipped quietly on his water.

When Simon came back, he started gently going through Cale's hair with the towel, drying each section and brushing it with his hands. A content hum came from Cale as Simon's nails gently scratched his scalp.

Taking another sip of his water, Cale closed his eyes, "I wonder if this man is just as bad as Ron."

As Cale continued to ponder his internal dilemmas, Simon was blissfully unaware as he dried Cale's hair like he has done so many times before.

Then, Hans walked through the door, smiling at the heartwarming sight of a happy Simon and calm Cale. They really were great together. Briefly bowing, Hans spoke up, "Young Master, I've come to help you dress."

"Ah, choose something simple this time," Cale said, opening his eyes to watch what Hans decided to pull out.

"Yes, Young Master," Hans nodded, walking over to the wardrobe and pulling out black pants and a white collared shirt with ruffles in the front.

Cale went to change in the bathroom, making both Simon and Hans exchange a confused look. But they shrugged it off when Cale came back out, his entire being looked stunning.

"Handsome as always, Cale," Simon smiled. Cale glanced at Simon through the mirror, tilting his head slightly. Smirking, Simon walked up to Cale's side, hugging his shoulders and whispering, "And just as cute, too."

Simon pecked Cale's cheek and let go of Cale, "I'll be on the training grounds. See you soon, Love." Then Simon left the room.

Once Simon was gone, Hans walked up to Cale and dusted off his shoulders. A happy grin was on Hans' face, "You two are great together, Young Master. I know I don't say this much, but I'm glad Simon appeared that month. You've become happier."